website statistics

Fencing EFC European Championships 2018

Totallympics

But great match for Volpi at the end.

Finally good result for Italy. But I expected more from them in this final. Italy had much much better fencers. Not good sign before WC.

Edited by dareza

wow! great win for our foil girls...

it was time for a bit of satisfaction...:rofl:

I must admit that I didn't expect them to win and especially I didn't expect Volpi to deliver like she did...:hatoff:

and to be honest, I didn't expect also the epee boys to get a medal, especially after the really painful loss to the Russians in the semifinal bout...Russians who proved themselves on fire...and don't tell me that anybody saw the team epee Gold medal coming to the "Sbornaja"...

so, now we're safe and we won't end these champs with a shameful 0 in the Gold medal column...let's see if tomorrow we can improve in the last day...

6 hours ago, phelps said:

wow! great win for our foil girls...

it was time for a bit of satisfaction...:rofl:

I must admit that I didn't expect them to win and especially I didn't expect Volpi to deliver like she did...:hatoff:

and to be honest, I didn't expect also the epee boys to get a medal, especially after the really painful loss to the Russians in the semifinal bout...Russians who proved themselves on fire...and don't tell me that anybody saw the team epee Gold medal coming to the "Sbornaja"...

so, now we're safe and we won't end these champs with a shameful 0 in the Gold medal column...let's see if tomorrow we can improve in the last day...

italy, france and russia are the traditional powers in fencing

in the women's team epee we're already at the quarterfinal stage...

here are the quarters:

RUS vs UKR and GER vs POL in the top half of the draw, FRA vs ITA and ROU vs EST in the bottom half of the draw...

meanwhile the men's team sabre is yet to start (@ noon CET)...but we have the top 4 seeded teams already qualified to the quarterfinals, ITA (no.1) and GER (no.4) in the top half of the draw, HUN (no.2) and Russia (no.3) in the bottom half of the draw...

Women's Team Epee

Final Results:

Gold: France

Silver: Poland

Bronze: Estonia

Semifinals:

Poland b. Ukraine 45-37

France b. Estonia 45-36

Bronze Medal Match:

Estonia b. Ukraine 42-37

Gold Medal Match:

France b. Poland 41-40

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Today's competition:

http://fie.org/competitions/2018/744/results/rank

Edited by phelps

Men's Team Sabre

Final Results:

Gold: Hungary

Silver: Italy

Bronze: Germany

Semifinals:

Italy b. Germany 45-44

Hungary b. Romania 45-37

Bronze Medal Match:

Germany b. Romania 45-43

Gold Medal Match:

Hungary b. Italy 45-33

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Today's competition:

http://fie.org/competitions/2018/749/results/rank

Edited by phelps

women's epee confirms itself as the weakest weapon for Italy, with our girls just not good enough even to make the semifinals...:cry::facepalm::wall::thumbdown::spank:

meanwhile, in the men's team sabre we're at the quarterfinals: ITA vs GEO and FRA vs GER in the top half of the draw, RUS vs ROU and UKR vs HUN in the bottom half of the draw...

Edited by phelps

wow! Estonia lose their semifinal to France...so, no team Gold for them after the amazing triple in the individual event...

meanwhile, on the men's side, Russia lose to Romania in the quarterfinals...and this is the only assault gone against the ranking...all the other favourites are through to the last 4...