website statistics

[POLL] Who will win the FIFA 2018 World Cup ?

hckošice

[POLL] Who will win the FIFA 2018 World Cup ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] Who will win the FIFA 2018 World Cup ?

• Argentina
    • Australia
    • Belgium
    • Brazil
    • Colombia
    • Costa Rica
    • Croatia
    • Denmark
    • Egypt
    • England
    • France
    • Germany
    • Iceland
    • Iran
    • Japan
    • Mexico
    • Morocco
    • Nigeria
    • Panama
    • Peru
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Russia
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Senegal
    • Serbia
    • South Korea
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Tunisia
    • Uruguay

This poll is closed to new votes

In my opinion Spain is the favourite but France's ceiling is slightly higher than Brazil's thanks to their individual quality. So with an optimal performance they have a good opportunity to win the tournament. On the other side, France has also a bigger chance to get knocked out quite early if you compare them to Brazil and Germany.

Joking aside, Iceland has no chance to make the last 8.

I'm all in for a new champion (Japan and Iceland are my sentimental favorites, as well as any team from Africa). But I voted for Brazil because I jinx every team I vote for, and I want Brazil to lose as soon as possible so people can forget about football and keep our focus on improving the political situation around here. 

In my opinion there are four teams which are clearly above the rest (Brazil, Germany, Spain and France) and coincidentally these four teams are all place in the groups in a way that if they all win their group they will avoid each other until the semifinals. That means that the likelihood of an outsider going all the way to the semis due to very easy opponents (Uruguay 2010 says hello) is relatively low. Still I expect at least on of the four teams to fail earlier. 

The 2nd tier of this tournament is relatively weak as Italy, Netherlands and Chile all would have been there had they qualified. Now I only have England, Belgium and Argentina in that 2nd group although I guess you could include Portugal, Croatia, Colombia and Uruguay in that group as well. 

All in all Brazil are my favorites. I think they are more talanted than Germany and Spain while not having France's issue of not being a strong unity

So 5th World Cup for me... And will keep supporting DEUTSCHLAND!!!

But to be honest I don't really care about who will win anymore.. When they won in 2014, I didn't even celebrate lol.

If only Germany won in 2002/2006/2010, I can see myself partying like for 3 days straight.

57 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Still not a single vote for :ARG That´s quite a shock for me :mumble: Now, I can not find the reason..Just a Classical Fearing of jinx :p or simply am I overestimating them so much as one of the top favorites ?

No, I think people just don’t see them winning, but more likely getting 2nd, 3rd, or 4th

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Still not a single vote for :ARG That´s quite a shock for me :mumble: Now, I can not find the reason..Just a Classical Fearing of jinx :p or simply am I overestimating them so much as one of the top favorites ?

We don't have any chance.