website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2018 - 2019

Totallympics

Pretty much the expected draw. City, Juventus and Barca are by far the 3 best teams and UEFA wants them all in the semifinal (alongside Liverpool). Would be a huge surprise if the final wont be between 2 out of City, Juventus and Barca. I dont like any of those teams, but Barca winning the title would be the least bad of those 3 bad options for me.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

39 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Very balanced draw and Juventus and Barca are separated until final like expected :whistle:

Why was that expected? I think Liverpool is more popular than Juventus, maybe City too.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

Messi - Ronaldo Saga , but ofc City isn't anyhow more popular than Juventus whether locally or globally 

Juventus isnt particulary popular anywhere outside of Italy and City is a lot more fun to watch + with City vs. Barca you would have Pep vs. his old team.

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Juventus isnt particulary popular anywhere outside of Italy and City is a lot more fun to watch + with City vs. Barca you would have Pep vs. his old team.

People would love to see Ronaldo facing messi than watching Guardiola with his previous team 

28 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

People would love to see Ronaldo facing messi than watching Guardiola with his previous team 

Still? :d I thought people were fed up with that after seeing this 72 times a year for a good number of years in the billion editions of 'El Clasico' (always presented as something huge even when it happened so often it barely was even special anymore) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Juventus isnt particulary popular anywhere outside of Italy

You have no idea how popular Juventus is around the world :d especially among older generations (born before the 90s )  ;) 

https://as.com/diarioas/2015/05/05/english/1430814781_116902.html

4 hours ago, tuniscof said:

You have no idea how popular Juventus is around the world :d especially among older generations (born before the 90s )  ;) 

Maybe they are or maybe not, but what exactly is that article supposed to tell us? I also remember a while ago that some Dortmund official claimed that Dortmund had 10 million fans in Germany alone, which of course is complete bullshit. Often those numbers are based on facebook followers or something like that ...

United and Real are clearly the 2 most popular clubs, then Barcelona and after that there are 8 clubs on about the same level in my opinion (AC Milan, Juventus, PSG, Bayern, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Chelsea). Ronaldo makes Juventus interesting, but he is probably their only world class player right now and overall the football City plays is much more entertaining.

4 hours ago, tuniscof said:

Those who don't care that they won the Champions League with EPO? :p 

I know none of the current players had anything to do with that time, but speaking about the club as a whole, it'd be cool to see them kicked out especially by the team they robbed all those years ago :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!