website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2018 - 2019

Totallympics

Ajax and Porto to the semi's, Lyon and Schalke to kick out Barcelona and Man City and this tournament is finally gonna get interesting :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, mihamiha said:

we may see 4 english clubs in top8

Hence the hope for at least Schalke to kick one out :p (and Ajax or Porto to win to finally have something different)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 17/12/2018 at 15:20, thepharoah said:

1. Bayern 51 - 49 Liverpool  

2. Juventus 55 - 45 Atletico 

3. Dortmund 55 - 45 Tottenham 

4. PSG 70 - 30 Man UTD 

5. Barcelona 75- 25 Lyon

6. Real Madrid 70 - 30 Ajax 

7. Rome 70 - 30 Porto 

8. Man City 90 - 10 Shalke  

So far you have 4 underdogs qualified Tottelham  (45 %) and 3 teams with 30% of chances (Man Utd , Ajax and Porto) :p ... if we follow that trend here, next teams to qualify will be Liverpool, Atlético, Lyon and Schalke? that would be the craziest champions league season of all times :bounce:

On 06/03/2019 at 11:04, OlympicsFan said:

I wonder what happened between last season and this one ...

Last season Real never should have won the champions league, but the referees didnt allow them to be eliminated. This season it was somewhat the other way round, the third goal for Ajax was clearly irregular but still counted. Mind to guess the nationality of the referee for yesterday's game? :p

Ajax has some talented players and apparently a pretty good coach (who used to work for FC Bayern), sadly their "run" won't last long, teams like that get picked apart very quickly in today's game. The same happened to Dortmund (Lewandowski, Götze, Gündogan, Sahin, Kagawa) although they were a much richer club than Ajax.

I used to predict a very dark future for dutch football, but guys like De Ligt, De Jong, Bergwijn, Kluivert or Van Dijk should ensure that they have at least a decent future and will qualify for big tournaments more regularly again.

No Ronaldo, No Zidane, and No more refereeing help or robbery because of the VAR  technology :p 

14 hours ago, thepharoah said:

There's always something strange about PSG and their UCL campaign , leading UTD 2-0 at old Trafford and losing home with all these injuries For UTD 3-1 ! yes Manchester was very lucky with this victory , but where's the character of PSG team , they should have learnt the lesson from Barca's Match 

i predicted it :p 3-1 for Man United and also Man United to win the Champions league ;) though i'm a Barça and Liverpool fan lol 

14 hours ago, MHSN said:

to me that last action in corner of Porto's box was more penalty than that cheap Penalty for Porto by VAR. that was shirt pulling obviously but Porto player was already on the ground for diving.

in general I still think VAR is a terrible idea. if you use a microscope if you want you always can find a foul somewhere. the big thing is "if you want". it that was up to me I would only use VAR for 100% clear decisions not 50/50 calls.

it isn't when you really apply it correctly, and review the action from the beginning , i agree with you that Roma should have had a penalty in last action, also in Real Madrid's winner goal in first leg in Amsterdam there was a foul in the middle of the pitch for Ajax ...

Manchester United should say thank you Mourniho at the end of the season :lol: He could be the reason of the Red Devil's Metamorphosis in UCL 

it reminds me of UEFA CL 1998/1999 , a probable Man United  - Bayern Final in Spain (Bayern lost two champions league finals in Spain vs Man United in 1999 in Camp Nou and in 2010 vs Inter in Bernabeu ) :whistle:

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I can't understand how anyone can see VAR as a terrible idea...the current execution is not perfect, but surely taking out some fouls simply makes the game much more fair than missing all of those that VAR does take out?

It should just be done faster, now often VAR is looking and after a few minutes, the referee goes to the monitor to check for himself :lol: Just do it like in hockey: team asks for a video review (limited number of opportunities to do so), VAR checks and tells the ref what the decision is, done.

of course I mean the current VAR rules. I know we had to use video is football and I'm OK using it for "obvious" things like off sides etc. but I don't likes two things about VAR, first the delay and stopping the match for too long and second using it for 50-50 calls. as I said if you use a microscope you always can find a foul somewhere to call a penalty or something like that.