website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2018 - 2019

Totallympics

I wonder what happened between last season and this one ...

Last season Real never should have won the champions league, but the referees didnt allow them to be eliminated. This season it was somewhat the other way round, the third goal for Ajax was clearly irregular but still counted. Mind to guess the nationality of the referee for yesterday's game? :p

Ajax has some talented players and apparently a pretty good coach (who used to work for FC Bayern), sadly their "run" won't last long, teams like that get picked apart very quickly in today's game. The same happened to Dortmund (Lewandowski, Götze, Gündogan, Sahin, Kagawa) although they were a much richer club than Ajax.

I used to predict a very dark future for dutch football, but guys like De Ligt, De Jong, Bergwijn, Kluivert or Van Dijk should ensure that they have at least a decent future and will qualify for big tournaments more regularly again.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

There's always something strange about PSG and their UCL campaign , leading UTD 2-0 at old Trafford and losing home with all these injuries For UTD 3-1 ! yes Manchester was very lucky with this victory , but where's the character of PSG team , they should have learnt the lesson from Barca's Match 

Edited by thepharoah

to me that last action in corner of Porto's box was more penalty than that cheap Penalty for Porto by VAR. that was shirt pulling obviously but Porto player was already on the ground for diving.

in general I still think VAR is a terrible idea. if you use a microscope if you want you always can find a foul somewhere. the big thing is "if you want". it that was up to me I would only use VAR for 100% clear decisions not 50/50 calls.

PSG :facepalm: Lost at home against a MU (played with 5 reserves) and another season in Champions is already ended.............

Money aren't enough for create a winning team (in Europe)

More than this was impossible for Roma, it's pity, but aren't in good form now. :dunno:

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

to me that last action in corner of Porto's box was more penalty than that cheap Penalty for Porto by VAR. that was shirt pulling obviously but Porto player was already on the ground for diving.

in general I still think VAR is a terrible idea. if you use a microscope if you want you always can find a foul somewhere. the big thing is "if you want". it that was up to me I would only use VAR for 100% clear decisions not 50/50 calls.

I can't understand how anyone can see VAR as a terrible idea...the current execution is not perfect, but surely taking out some fouls simply makes the game much more fair than missing all of those that VAR does take out?

It should just be done faster, now often VAR is looking and after a few minutes, the referee goes to the monitor to check for himself :lol: Just do it like in hockey: team asks for a video review (limited number of opportunities to do so), VAR checks and tells the ref what the decision is, done.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I can't understand how anyone can see VAR as a terrible idea...the current execution is not perfect, but surely taking out some fouls simply makes the game much more fair than missing all of those that VAR does take out?

It should just be done faster, now often VAR is looking and after a few minutes, the referee goes to the monitor to check for himself :lol: Just do it like in hockey: team asks for a video review (limited number of opportunities to do so), VAR checks and tells the ref what the decision is, done.

Exactly, instead of VAR looking at each and every action, just give reviews to both teams. Just two more suggestions: Give referee a chance of review as well and like in cricket, in case of marginal calls, on field decision stands and team doesn't lose review. 

Just now, Dolby said:

Exactly, instead of VAR looking at each and every action, just give reviews to both teams. Just two more suggestions: Give referee a chance of review as well and like in cricket, in case of marginal calls, on field decision stands and team doesn't lose review. 

Define 'marginal call' :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!