website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2018

Olympian1010

Modern's pentathlon Mixed and Women's Relay are confirmed by the Mexican federation to be "rescued" and back in the Games program.

Also, Marca Claro has already announcedin its FB page it will broadcast the Games. Let's hope they show most of the events.

20 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Modern's pentathlon Mixed and Women's Relay are confirmed by the Mexican federation to be "rescued" and back in the Games program.

Also, Marca Claro has already announcedin its FB page it will broadcast the Games. Let's hope they show most of the events.

Well I’m glad that some events were supposedly revived.

ESPN’s US coverage will be very extensive, showing all most 12-20 streams a day, their still missing a lot of sports, but the coverage is better than normal. Hopefully Claro’s coverage is similar or better. If it’s better would mind posting the link.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Official website says that their will be 5,424 athletes competing in the games :clap:. This is the new record for entries at any Central American and Caribbean Games (by 400). Mexico will have the most entries with 672 :yikes:! Sint Marten will have the smallest number of entries with 4. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The organizing Committee uploaded the promotional/intro video for livestreams for the games on their Facebook 

Mexican Olympic Committee confirmed that 14 events managed to get enough participants to be on the program again.

Athletics (4): Men's Marathon, Men's 50km Race Walk,  Women's 10,000m, Women's 3,000m Steeplechase

Modern Pentathlon (2): Women's Relay & Mixed Relay

Rowing (1): Women's Pair

Taekwondo - Poomsae (1): Mixed Pairs

Weightlifting (6): Men's 77kg Snatch, Men's 77kg Clean & Jerk, Women's 90kg Snatch, Women's 90 Clean & Jerk, Women's +90kg Snatch & Women's +90kg Clean & Jerk.

I'm especially glad about Rowing, Pentathlon and Weightlifting; I couldn't care less about Poomsae, but what I will really miss is women's 20km,as our best athlete will miss the Games.

Edited by mrv86

18 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Mexican Olympic Committee confirmed that 14 events managed to get enough participants to be on the program again.

Athletics (4): Men's Marathon, Men's 50km Race Walk,  Women's 10,000m, Women's 3,000m Steeplechase

Weightlifting (6): Men's 77kg Snatch, Men's 77kg Clean & Jerk, Women's 90kg Snatch, Women's 90 Clean & Jerk, Women's +90kg Snatch & Women's +90kg Clean & Jerk.

I'm especially glad about Rowing, Pentathlon and Weightlifting; I couldn't care less about Poomsae, but what I will really miss is women's 20km,as our best athlete will miss the Games.

Yeah I’m glad to see that strong Weightlifting countries managed to find a few mores athletes. Glad to see more Rowing, Modern Pentathlon. Can’t believe those Athletics events were almost cut. Also could care less about poomsae

On 7/9/2018 at 19:50, mrv86 said:

The official website posted an article that said that there was an effort by the ODECABE to save 22 of the cancelled events, but that support was only garnered for these 14.

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The official website posted an article that said that there was an effort by the ODECABE to save 22 of the cancelled events, but that support was only garnered for these 14.

Well I have no doubt that they tried as hard as they could; but this kind of problem has been common in the latest editions of the Games, mainly to sabotage each NOC main rival in the medal count. The only one that has not done so it's Mexico, because this is their only chance to showcase its talents in each sport and event.