website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Cup 2018

hckošice

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not a great day for one of our US athletes,  Ashley Nee. She said that the capitol gazette shooting got to her and impacted her performance.

That's sad. I wonder if one of the victims was family or a friend or something.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

That's sad. I wonder if one of the victims was family or a friend or something.

No, but I know she’s from the East Coast area. She’s also a very outspoken athlete about political and, more importantly, Federation issues. They had to put a gag order on her, after she revealed that our federation did not intend to fund female athletes. 

And the US population wonders why we aren’t able to win every sport. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, but I know she’s from the East Coast area. She’s also a very outspoken athlete about political and, more importantly, Federation issues. They had to put a gag order on her, after she revealed that our federation did not intend to fund female athletes. 

And the US population wonders why we aren’t able to win every sport. 

I guess I'm missing the connection apart from 'Like every shooting of innocent people in the world ever, this is sad', but alright, one can't look inside someone's head. Better luck next time in terms of performance.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 6/23/2018 at 15:14, hckosice said:

Still misery in the women´s K1, without Dukátová missing the whole season it would be a surprise if we will have at least one final participation this year.

Finalist in W K1 :banana:

Only 2 in the C1 (Mirgorodský and Martikán out in the semis) :( meanwhile the surprise of the day is  the semifinals elimination of Tasiadis the winner of Liptovský Mikuláš (btw all top 4 from Heat 1 shocked)

Soňa Stanovská still a high school student and Ján Bátik long years SVK C2 Bátik/Kučera crew, former European champions and multiple Team event world and european champion met for the first time seriously two weeks ago, Bátik asked the young girl if she´ll not want to try the mixed C2 with him, because he has no partner for the World Cup stage in SVK last weekend.

She answered yes, because, you know, why not ? it will be some fun...

So they had 1 training the day before the race and the next day entered the competition. result - they won.

so they decided to re-try their attempt also today in the 2nd stage and they finished again on podium in 2nd place..now from nothing we suddenly have our first highly competitive mixed C2 crew :bowdown:  what a story

Stage 2

POL.gif Krakow (POL) - 29 June 2018 - 1 July 2018 POL.gif

Mixed C2 (2/5)
Non-Olympic Event
Final Results

CZE.gif Czech Republic
FISEROVA Tereza
JANE Jakub

SVK.gif Slovakia
STANOVSKA Sona
BATIK Jan

POL.gif Poland