website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

30 minutes ago, hckosice said:

The organizing committee announced that everything is finalzed and ready for the start of the tournament. They presented to our medias the changing room of :SVK team, our players will use the biggest locker room in the arena, the locker room of the local club HC Košice for this tournament.

One fun fact, they also said they received request of accreditation from 700 journalists from all over the world, with the biggest exotics being the full TV crew from China and one journalist from Mongolia.

Images from our locker room and the ice rink of the Steel Arena

bgul0oTgT4Pl3gySXHOk0g~at-a-slovenskej-h

RHhXcSmuSn-wUNvgX6-odA.2560~atna-slovens

Reveal hidden contents

how many from Italy? is it just 0 or is it possible to go down to relative numbers (-3, -17 and so on)? :roflmao::rofl::facepalm:

56 minutes ago, phelps said:

how many from Italy? is it just 0 or is it possible to go down to relative numbers (-3, -17 and so on)? :roflmao::rofl::facepalm:

No idea about the exact numbers and countries, but I am certain there some also from Italy (at least someone from the major sites like Gazetta or so) ;)

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

No idea about the exact numbers and countries, but I am certain there some also from Italy (at least someone from the major sites like Gazetta or so) ;)

You are too much optimist about the Gazzetta and the other italian newspapers...

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

You are too much optimist about the Gazzetta and the other italian newspapers...

Maybe they will write and cover more about the champs from Friday.

I found this https://www.oasport.it/2019/05/hockey-ghiaccio-mondiali-2019-il-calendario-di-tutte-le-partite-programma-orari-e-tv-fino-alla-finale/

but really disappointed with this :

IN TV – In Italia non saranno visibili i match in tv, ma si potranno seguire sul sito ufficiale della competizione: www.iihf.com

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Maybe they will write and cover more about the champs from Friday.

I found this https://www.oasport.it/2019/05/hockey-ghiaccio-mondiali-2019-il-calendario-di-tutte-le-partite-programma-orari-e-tv-fino-alla-finale/

but really disappointed with this :

don't be disappointed, it's the usual routine...also last year there was no tv coverage in Italy...:evil:

and when there was one (2016 & 2017, on a paid TV channel), it was only about our NT matches and the "final 4"...

last time we had a comprehensive coverage on TV, it happened for the joint bid SWE/FIN (and the finals in Stockholm), but it was on a shameful tv channel that nobody watch (and if you try and watch it, in any case you just can't see the puck because of the sh*ty picture quality)...:facepalm::wall:

p.s. however, with the Italian tv networks you can never be sure...they normally wait until the last second (and sometimes beyond that) before buying the tv rights...it's their usual tactics to save some money...

it could well be that friday morning (if not saturday) a tv channel makes an announcement: "hey, guys! you know whaat? we're gonna show some ice hockey in the next couple of weeks...stay tuned!"

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

don't be disappointed, it's the usual routine...also last year there was no tv coverage in Italy...:evil:

and when there was one (2016 & 2017, on a paid TV channel), it was only about our NT matches and the "final 4"...

last time we had a comprehensive coverage on TV, it happened for the joint bid SWE/FIN (and the finals in Stockholm), but it was on a shameful tv channel that nobody watch (and if you try and watch it, in any case you just can't see the puck because of the sh*ty picture quality)...:facepalm::wall:

p.s. however, with the Italian tv networks you can never be sure...they normally wait until the last second (and sometimes beyond that) before buying the tv rights...it's their usual tactics to save some money...

it could well be that friday morning (if not saturday) a tv channel makes an announcement: "hey, guys! you know whaat? we're gonna show some ice hockey in the next couple of weeks...stay tuned!"

Well, at least you are not going to face that issues, since you can catch CZ and SVK channels, so you should be able to watch everything without troubles :d

:SWE TEAM SWEDEN :SWE

Goaltenders:

Jhonas Enroth (Örebro HK)

Jacob Markström (Vancouver Canucks, NHL, :CAN)

Henrik Lundqvist (NY Rangers, NHL, :USA)

Defencers:

Adam Larsson (Edmonton Oilers, NHL, :CAN)

Robert Hägg (Philadelphia Flyers, NHL, :USA)

Mattias Ekholm (Nashville Predators, NHL, :USA)

Marcus Pettersson (Pittsburgh Penguins, NHL, :USA)

Oliver Ekman Larsson (Arizona Coyotes, NHL, :USA)

Philip Holm (Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL, :RUS)

Erik Gustafsson (Chicago Blackhawks, NHL, :USA)

John Klingberg (Dallas Stars, NHL, :USA)

Forwards:

Adrian Kempe (Los Angeles Kings, NHL, :USA)

Gabriel Landeskog (Colorado Avalanche, NHL, :USA)

Marcus Krüger (Chicago Blackhawks, NHL, :USA)

Elias Pettersson (Vancouver Canucks, NHL, :CAN)

Loui Eriksson (Vancouver Canucks, NHL, :CAN)

Elias Lindholm (Calgary Flames, NHL, :CAN)

Mario Kempe (Arizona Coyotes, NHL, :USA)

Oskar Lindblom (Philadelphia Flyers, NHL, :USA)

Anton Lander (AK Bars Kazan, KHL, :RUS)

Jesper Bratt (New Jersey Devils, NHL, :USA)

Dennis Rasmussen (Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL, :RUS)

Patric Hörnqvist (Pittsburgh Penguins, NHL, :USA)

William Nylander (Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL, :CAN)

Alexander Wennberg (Columbus Blue Jackets, NHL, :USA)

32 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, at least you are not going to face that issues, since you can catch CZ and SVK channels, so you should be able to watch everything without troubles :d

well, speaking about tv only, I can watch also the Swiss, Austrian, German and French TV channels showing the world champs...;):lol:

and I normally have access to the sat TV original clean feed...:yikes:

so, no...I won't have any trouble at all...:d

but still, I feel sorry (and angry) for those Italian fans who don't have all the chances I have...

and here it is, the reigning champiions will send a true "All Stars Team" to the world champs.

Rikard Gronborg announced the final roster, he´ll bring to Slovakia 25 players (3 Goaltenders, 8 defencers and 14 forwards)

We can find a massive NHL stars armada in the team, exactly 18 !!! 

the goalies King "Henrik" Lundqvist (NY Rangers) and Jacob Markström (Vancouver), defencers Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Arizona), Adam Larsson (Edmonton), Robert Hägg (Philadelphia), Erik Gustafsson (Chicago), Mattias Ekholm (Nashville) and forwards Elias Pettersson, Loui Eriksson (both Vancouver), Marcus Krüger (Chicago), Adrian Kempe (Los Angeles), Mario Kempe (Arizona), Jesper Bratt (New Jersey), Oskar Lindblom (Philadelphia), Patric Hörnqvist (Pittsburgh, Elias Lindholm (Calgary) and William Nylander (Toronto).

The 7 remaining spots are fulfiled by 3 KHLers Philip Holm, Anton Lander and Dennis Rasmussen and 4 players from the domestic elite league.

The age average of the team is 26 years.

:SWE played 11 test matches !!! during last month, winning 9 of them !

4-0 in Slovakia in early April, 4-3 in Hungary against the Division I Group A participant, 2-0 and 5-1 over Norway at home, 3-2 and 2-0 in Denmark against the hosts, 3-1 in Finland and 2 wins during the last Euro Hockey Tour Tournament in Czech Republic 6-4 against Russia and 2-1 against Finland, they even won the Carlson Hockey Games (last Euro Hockey Tour 2018/19 stage).

Their only defeats are 4-5 in Finland against the host team and 0-3 to the host Czech Republic at the Carlson Hockey Games last Saturday.