website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

Road to Bratislava/Košice

Exhibition Games

May 4th, 2019

(6 Days to Go)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russia - Finland  1-3  (Played in Czech Republic as part of the Euro Hockey Tour 2018/19)

Slovakia - Great Britain  6-1

Czech Republic - Sweden  3-0  (Played as part of the Euro Hockey Tour 2018/19)

Switzerland - Latvia  2-0

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Exhibition Games

May 4th, 2019

(6 Days to Go)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russia - Finland  1-3  (Played in Czech Republic as part of the Euro Hockey Tour 2018/19)

Slovakia - Great Britain  6-1

Czech Republic - Sweden  3-0  (Played as part of the Euro Hockey Tour 2018/19)

Switzerland - Latvia  2-0

Finland.. wow. Beating all the NHL-heavy teams.

9 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Finland.. wow. Beating all the NHL-heavy teams.

yes, they are rather impressive, I must admit, In other hand Russia doesn´t look very promising at all, only Ovechkin scored yesterday their only goal, in fact the true is that in the two games with SWE and FIN they were outplayed.

but again it´s only the practice session, the results are not so important at all, everything will count only from this Friday.

as I wrote many times before, I don't think it's a good idea to put all the 3 "puck eaters" together in the Russian roster...

the only times that Kovy, Ovi and Gino played together for the Russian team, it didn't go exactly according to the plan...do you remember Vancouver 2010 and Sochi 2014? :whistle:

:SUI TEAM SWITZERLAND :SUI

Goaltenders:

Reto Berra (Fribourg-Gottéron)

Leonardo Genoni (SC Bern)

Robert Mayer (Genéve-Servette HC)

Defencers:

Lukas Frick (Lausanne HC)

Joel Genazzi (Lausanne HC)

Roman Josi (Nashville Predators, NHL, :USA)

Yannick Weber (Nashville Predators, NHL, :USA)

Raphael Diaz (EV Zug)

Michael Fora (HC Ambri-Piotta)

Romain Loeffel (HC Lugano)

Janis Moser (EHC Biel-Bienne)

Dean Kukan (Columbus Blue Jackets, NHL, :USA)

Forwards:

Gaetan Haas (SC Bern)

Simon Moser (SC Bern)

Tristan Scherwey (SC Bern)

Alessio Bertaggia (HC Lugano)

Grégory Hofmann (HC Lugano)

Andres Ambühl (HC Davos)

Christoph Bertschy (Lausanne HC)

Lino Martschini (EV Zug)

Damien Riat (EHC Biel-Bienne)

Noah Rod (Genéve-Servette HC)

Nico Hischier (New Jersey Devils, NHL, :USA)

Kevin Fiala (Minnesota Wild, NHL, :USA)

Philipp Kurashev (Québec Remparts, QMJHL, :CAN)

Vincent Praplan (Springfield Thunderbirds, AHL, :USA)

Sven Andrighetto (Colorado Avalanche, NHL, :USA)

Another team to reveil its final roster for the world champs.

Patrick Fischer announced his list of the 25 players for the preliminary round after yesterdays last preparation match against Latvia. 4 players were eliminated in the last cut Andrea Glauser, Samuel Kreis, Denis Hollenstein and Marco Müller were removed from the final squad.

:SUI will arrive to Slovakia with 19 players from the local NLA and the remaining 6 spots will be fullfiled by players from overseas, including 4 NHLers (forwards Kevin Fiala from Minnesota and the 2017 NHL Draft #1 Nico Hischier of the New Jersey Devils and the Nashville top defencers Roman Josi and Yannick Weber), 2 more players from North American ice are also in the team Vincent Praplan from AHL Springfield Thunderbirds and the very talented Philipp Kurashev from the juniors QMJHL.

The reigning silver medalists, played 6 preparation matches during last weeks, they won 3 of them, both last two games Friday and yesterday over Latvia (4-1 and 2-0) and last weekend over France (6-0) with the Nico Hischier hattrick. but the Swiss experienced also 3 defeats in the first two matches in Russia (1-5 and 2-5) and in the second match with France at home ice (3-4 OT).

Reminder all rosters will be accessible in the first page second post of this thread.

Interesting team, as usual, for my Swiss friends...

as always, they have really solid goaltending...

back on defense, the top guys (Josi above all, but also Diaz and Fora) are mainly offensive defensemen, with the exception of Weber...

probably they will lack some people like Bezina, Untersander, Baltisberger or Chiesa...all good old fashion physical defensive minded guys (well, Untersander maybe is not such a limited guy...he's a more complete player, but still, he's also a good physical defender)...

and I'm really curious to see how all the newcomers (Genazzi, Frick, Janis Moser), will adjust to this level of play...

on offense, there's a good mix of hard workers and pure talent, but I fear they lack size and physical presence (Scherwey is the only guy playing a real tough-if-not-sometimes-dirty style of hockey) and I'm sure they will miss a lot a man like Niederreiter, who's their only player capable giving at the same time of both socoring insting and physical, hard work along the boards...

but the Swiss key to success is always the locker room chemistry, which in the past proved to be not always that good and this clearly reflected on the overall performance and results of the team...

being my neighbours, as usual I wish them all the best and I will support them will all of my heart...but this time starting only from the second game of the Championship, since the first one is against my poor Italian Blue Team...so, I hope they have quite a slow start...there's always time to change up the gear and start winning...:rofl::lol:

Edited by phelps

Exhibition Games

May 5th, 2019

(5 Days to Go)

Sweden - Finland  2-1  (Played in Czech Republic as part of the Euro Hockey Tour 2018/19)

Austria - Denmark  1-3

Czech Republic - Russia  1-4  (Played as part of the Euro Hockey Tour 2018/19)