website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

12 for :SWE .

Another super star will play at the worlds in Slovakia, Anyone else than the legendary 37 years old goaltender "King Henrik" himself, Henrik Lundqvist the NY Rangers goalie will play at the world championships after 2 years absence, the last time he played in 2017 when he was one of the main leaders of the world title winning team

Also already 3 NHLers confirmed their participation at the Worlds for :GER including the 23 years old German hockey super star Leon Draisaitl from Edmonton. The other 2 players that accepted the invitations are the defencer Korbinian Holzer from Anaheim and the forward Dominik Kahun from Chicago.

The coaches are still waiting for the answers from forwards Nico Sturm from Minnesota and Tobias Rieder from Edmonton

From SVK view Tomáš Tatár arrived today to Slovakia :) he, Jaroš, Pánik and Sekera will all join the team after the Easter weekend and the return of the team from the 2 test matches in Austria.  We are still waiting for the answer from Erik Černák, the Tampa Bay defencer will have to pass in the next hours the exit medical tests, hopefully everything will be ok. The bad news is Marko Daňo was called by Winnipeg to help the Jets in the Stanley Cup play-offs after his Manitoba finished the season in AHL out of the Play-Offs.

image.png

well, it looks that we're going to have a high caliber tournament, after all (which is not such good news for the poor Italian team, now risking more and more to be humiliated by the powerhouses of the game :facepalm:)...:d;)

I can't wait for the worlds to start...I think this year I'm gonna watch more IIHF hockey than NHL's in the next few weeks (which is not always the case for me)...:lol::crazy:

Road to Bratislava/Košice

Exhibition Games

April 19th, 2019

(21 Days to Go)-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finland - Norway  7-0

Austria - Slovakia  1-5

France - Latvia  2-3 After Penalty Shoot-Out

Great Britain - Italy  2-5

Exhibition Games

April 20th, 2019

(20 Days to Go)-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russia - Switzerland  5-1

Austria - Slovakia  1-2 After Penalty Shoot-Out

Italy - Hungary (Div I A)  1-6

Exhibition Games

April 21st, 2019

(19 Days to Go)-

Great Britain - Hungary (Div I A)  3-1

France - Latvia  2-0

2 NHLers for :SUI confirmed, the 2017 overall NHL Draft pick number 1 Nico Hischier from the New Jersey Devils and Kevin Fiala from Minnesota Wild.

There also 2 guys from AHL in the team the defencer Yannick Rathgeb (Bridgeport Sound Tigers) and forward Vincent Praplan (Springfield Thunderbirds) already confirmed in the team.

and another fresh info from our team manager Miroslav Šatan. Marko Daňo (Winnipeg Jets + AHL Manitoba Moose) will join our team as well.

so 5 NHLers Tomáš Tatár (Montreal), Richard Pánik (Arizona), Andrej Sekera (Edmonton), Christián Jaroš (Ottawa) and Erik Černák (Tampa Bay) and 2 AHLers Marko Daňo (Manitoba, but played this season also in Winnipeg and 8 matches in the first part of the season for Colorado in NHL) and Marián Studenič (Binghampton) are all confirmed.

Boston won the 6th match in Toronto tonight, so still no Jaro Halák + (Zdeno Chára ?) + Peter Cehlárik (actually in Boston´s AHL team Providence) for now...