website statistics

Games of the Small States of Europe 2019

Yannakis

On 02/11/2018 at 22:09, AlFHg said:

They should be San Marino, Monaco, Andorra, Iceland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Cyprus, Montenegro and Malta

Now that the Faroe Islands can take part at the European Games, I hope they get accepted at the Small States too. If anything, this means more chances for gymnastics events. Surprisingly, the Faroe Islands do have a gymnastics team, and they even got a silver medal at the Northern European Gymnastics Championships once.

Also, I'm a little bit disappointed because Montenegro decided not to host rhythmic gymnastics events, but I understand why. Montenegro sent a gymnast to the 2019 European Championships but she finished last in every piece of apparatus, unfortunately. Besides Montenegro, only Cyprus, Luxembourg and Andorra sent gymnasts to the Europeans. To top it off, RG has only been staged once at the GSSE: in 2009, when Cyprus, San Marino and, surprisingly, Andorra got medals.

6 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Anyone know if Stacchiotti will compete in Budva too?

Entries have not been released yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 22/05/2019 at 10:05, ChandlerMne said:

Probably will but only selected events.

And probably some sports that arent most popular around here.

Official language is called Montenegrin but its only political choice. Language is exactly the same as Serbian. Croatian and Bosnian language are also used but its only political correctness, nothing more. 

A journalist friend of mine is trying to find details of the Montenegro team, Has a list of the team been published anywhere?

Montenegro has done their best trying to host these games, but I get the feeling that they should of waited a few more years. There were some minor (maybe major) schedule changes announced today. It looks like quite a few events have been axed from the program (there will be no women’s shotgun events this year, very few categories in Judo, and only 4 Boules events (and only 1 for women). Most team sports have also succumbed to round robin formats to decide the winner.

@ChandlerMne I’d love to know your feelings about the games, and what I’ve said. I hope your country really does give it their best effort too. Have a good time.

Revised Final Schedule

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Montenegro has done their best trying to host these games, but I get the feeling that they should of waited a few more years. There were some minor (maybe major) schedule changes announced today. It looks like quite a few events have been axed from the program (there will be no women’s shotgun events this year, very few categories in Judo, and only 4 Boules events (and only 1 for women). Most team sports have also succumbed to round robin formats to decide the winner.

@ChandlerMne I’d love to know your feelings about the games, and what I’ve said. I hope your country really does give it their best effort too. Have a good time.

Revised Final Schedule

Events are cut becouse they aren't enough NOCs. As far as the host nation is concerned, there is no selection process but each participating state is obliged to host the games in a cyclical order

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Events are cut becouse they aren't enough NOCs. As far as the host nation is concerned, there is no selection process but each participating state is obliged to host the games in a cyclical order

Except I read that Montenegro had stepped in for Liechtenstein, not that they’d be better hosts, all 22km of them. Well I mean it’s just sad that they can’t find more woman. Plus, I think some men’s events were cut too. I just feel like the games were bigger and better in San Morino.

On 23/05/2019 at 12:22, Dragon said:

A journalist friend of mine is trying to find details of the Montenegro team, Has a list of the team been published anywhere?

Sorry for late reply.

I will try to find entry list but coverage of event is so bad that it will be demanding task.