:FRA France - :MNE Montenegro

POOL E
:GER Germany - :ROU Romania

POOL G
:TUR Turkey - :SVK Slovakia

POOL H

:UKR Ukraine - :BLR Belarus

:CRO Croatia - :POL Poland

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

QUALIFICATION ROUND, DAY IV RESULTS

POOL A

:ESP Spain 3-2 :BUL Bulgaria
:SUI Switzerland 0-3 :ITA Italy

POOL B
:HUN Hungary 0-3 :ISR Israel

:RUS Russia 3-1 :EST Estonia

POOL C
:CZE Czech Republic 3-1 :FIN Finland

POOL D

:SLO Slovenia 1-3 :LAT Latvia

:FRA France 3-0 :MNE Montenegro

POOL E
:GER Germany 3-0 :ROU Romania

POOL G
:TUR Turkey 3-2 :SVK Slovakia

POOL H

:UKR Ukraine 0-3 :BLR Belarus

:CRO Croatia 0-3 :POL Poland

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

NATIONS QUALIFIED TO CEV u20 VOLLEYBALL MEN'S EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP :BEL / :NED 2019

:BEL BELGIUM (Hosts)

:NED NETHERLANDS (Hosts)

:BLR BELARUS

:FINFINLAND 
:FRA FRANCE
:GER GERMANY

:ITA ITALY
:POR PORTUGAL

:RUS RUSSIA 
:TURTURKEY

NATIONS QUALIFIED TO QUALIFICATION ROUND 3 

:CZE CZECH REPUBLIC
:GRE GREECE

:ISR ISRAEL

:LAT LATVIA

:POL POLAND

:ROU ROMANIA

:SRB SERBIA

:ESP SPAIN

• 2 weeks later...

Pools set for #EuroVolleyU20M Finals in the Netherlands and Belgium 

31959260_10215925193272892_3523387536648962048_n.png

Utrecht, Netherlands, May 8, 2018. The headquarters of the Dutch Volleyball Federation (Nevobo) in Utrecht played host on Tuesday late afternoon to the Drawing of Lots for the Final Round of the 2018 CEV U20 Volleyball European Championship – Men. The Netherlands will be co-hosting the tournament together with their neighbours from Belgium, with matches due to take place in the cities of The Hague, Ede and Kortrijk from July 14 to 22, 2018.  The top two teams from this tournament will qualify for the 2019 edition of the FIVB Men's U21 World Championship. 

Apart from the co-hosts, the Netherlands and Belgium, eight teams secured their participation in the Final Round via the second-round qualifiers held in late April as they finished top of their respective pools. These are Italy, Russia, Finland, France, Germany, Portugal, Turkey and Belarus. Two more teams will qualify following completion of the third round of qualifications scheduled for June 28-July 1, 2018 involving the runners-up of the second-round qualifiers – i.e. Spain, Israel, Czech Republic, Latvia, Romania, Serbia, Greece and Poland. The composition of the two third-round Pools (I and J) and the respective organisers read as follows:

Pool I in Belchatow (POL): Poland, Israel, Latvia, Spain 
Pool J in Zdar nad Sazavou (CZE): Czech Republic, Greece, Romania, Serbia 

Coaches%20Arnold%20van%20Ree%20(NED)%20-
The head coaches of the Dutch and Belgian U20 national teams, Arnold van Ree and Kris Eyckmans 

The composition of the two preliminary pools for the Final Round reads as follows: 

Pool I in Ede (NED): The Netherlands, Germany, Belarus, Finland, Portugal, Winners of 3rd Round Pool J 
Pool II in Kortrijk (BEL): Belgium, Italy, Turkey, France, Russia, Winners of 3rd Round Pool I 

The top two from each pool will progress to the semis and play for the medals – whilst the third and fourth-placed teams from each group will contest the classification matches 5-8.

The match schedule for the pool stage of the competition will be made available on CEV website on Wednesday morning. 

Poland won gold in the 2016 edition of the #EuroVolleyU20M held in Plovdiv and Varna, Bulgaria where Ukraine and Russia settled for the silver and bronze medals, respectively. 

Michel%20Everaert%20(NED)%20-%20Igor%20D
Michel Everaert (left) and Geert de Dobbeleer (right) representing the Dutch and Belgian National Federations together with ESOC member Igor Dolinsek at the end of the Drawing of Lots 

This year’s #EuroVolleyU20M is part of a much bigger ‘Volleyball festival’ taking place mid-July in the Netherlands – including the 2018 CEV DELA Beach Volleyball European Championship involving the cities of The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Apeldoorn and the 2018 Sitting Volleyball World Championships. 

It's in Ede? Cool :d 

That's not that far from here. Well not that anything is really far from here in a country of our size, but still. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...
On 21.7.2018. at 17:30, dareza said:

New final for Czech Republic. They were in final at EC U18, now in final U20. 3:1 against Belgium.

Russia and Netherlands :hyper: in second sf.

Czech Republic without gold, they had 14:12 in last set, but Russia won 16:14 :(

Bronze for Belgium.