website statistics

European Games 2019

uk12points

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is it possible to rewatch anywhere? Now I'm curious about all these monstrous robberies :p:d

maybe the Russian Channel MatchTV!

or the Ukranian Inter on Youtube, but I'm not sure...

I don't know if the Olympic Channel (with VPN) has replays...

p.s. they're not "monstrous" robberies...it's just the usual farce with someone being outclassed on the ring proclamed the winner of the bout (I'm speaking of Mouhiidine's match)...

LaCruz's match instead was a bit closer (at least for a couple of rounds)...imho he didn't win, but I've seen too many matches to name it a real "robbery", rather a "wrong verdict" as it happens quite often in Olympic Boxing...

56 minutes ago, dcro said:

I doubt it's that intriguing. Pretty much every Italian defeat in history of boxing has been a robbery, apparently. :p

Now I'm curious, so for after the football:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Is it possible to rewatch anywhere? Now I'm curious about all these monstrous robberies :p:d

Most likely Match TV if you have a vpn 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It really is sad to see how much coverage these games get in Europe. Multiple countries aren’t showing the games. Many of the countries who are, only show two 1 hour highlight segments. And even the ever dependable Match TV is showing maybe 6-9 events a day. Belarus and Greek TV do appear to show quite a bit more though, unfortunately that don’t make replays of their streams available. Ukrainian Inter TV has at least shown 4-5 events daily and put them on YouTube, so at least their are still some replays available if Match TV’s disappear.

In Poland Polsat has the rights. It's the biggest non-public Polish media company and has four Sport channels (Sport, Sport Extra, Sport News and Sport Fight) plus Premium and PPV channels for UEFA Champions League. To show you how unattractive event in Poland the Games are I just say that the Games are not in PPV (which was the case of most EURO 2016 and earlier the FIVB World Champs 2014 matches, with only few games shown in their open channel). The best thing they do is not only the good coverage in the TV, but also streams with commentary on their website - polsatsport.pl. Maybe you should try it, though I don't know, how it looks with geoblocking.

Edited by Vojthas

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

In Poland Polsat has the rights. It's the biggest non-public Polish media company and has four Sport channels (Sport, Sport Extra, Sport News and Sport Fight) plus Premium and PPV channels for UEFA Champions League. To show you how unattractive event in Poland the Games are I just say that the Games are not in PPV (which was the case of most EURO 2016 and earlier the FIVB World Champs 2014 matches, with only few games shown in their open channel). The best thing they do is not only the good coverage in the TV, but also streams with commentary on their website - polsatsport.pl. Maybe you should try it, though I don't know, how it looks with geoblocking.

It's safe to say coverage will be better in 2023 when Krakow hosts it? ;)  Then again, one medal for Poland in 4 days is pretty weak? I seem to recall Baku provided more success? But we've openly punted away most events esp. athletics. I can imagine Krakow will be better. Rowing/canoeing finals tomorrow? Guess that helps us a little?

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It's safe to say coverage will be better in 2023 when Krakow hosts it? ;)  Then again, one medal for Poland in 4 days is pretty weak? I seem to recall Baku provided more success? But we've openly punted away most events esp. athletics. I can imagine Krakow will be better. Rowing/canoeing finals tomorrow? Guess that helps us a little?

Look, what kind of events we've had so far. Instead of trampoline medal, shooting chance for Breś (who finished with quota, which some of journalists said is way more important than medal here), 3x3 team in fourth and a few judokas in the repechage zone most of the results are an expected loss. Track cycling, wrestling (except Gadzhiev, who failed the expectations already), 3 positions M with Bartnik, kayak, even women's boxing - all medal days for our favorites are ahead of us (including today). Another case - in Baku there was junior swimming (3 medals), volleyball (girls medal), MTB (Włoszczowska with bronze), fencing (Wątor with gold), taekwondo (Robak with silver) that are missing now - that's about 1/3 of our medals in Baku.

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

Look, what kind of events we've had so far. Instead of trampoline medal, shooting chance for Breś (who finished with quota, which some of journalists said is way more important than medal here), 3x3 team in fourth and a few judokas in the repechage zone most of the results are an expected loss. Track cycling, wrestling (except Gadzhiev, who failed the expectations already), 3 positions M with Bartnik, kayak, even women's boxing - all medal days for our favorites are ahead of us (including today). Another case - in Baku there was junior swimming (3 medals), volleyball (girls medal), MTB (Włoszczowska with bronze), fencing (Wątor with gold), taekwondo (Robak with silver) that are missing now - that's about 1/3 of our medals in Baku.

Same with Britain, 60 medals in Baku, only 6 here so far.