website statistics

European Games 2019

uk12points

With the games only one more day out, I feel like it is a great time to remind everyone about one of the greatest opening ceremonies of all time (and my personal favorite):

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

A quick reminder of what EG sports will factor in Tokyo 2020 qualification:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/index.php/articles/1080899/eight-sports-to-offer-olympic-qualifying-at-minsk-2019-but-canoe-sprint-not-among-them

For anyone interested, that article also includes a detailed explanation as to why canoe sprint isn't one of those sports, despite its previously being designated as such.

4 hours ago, Edvid said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/index.php/articles/1080899/eight-sports-to-offer-olympic-qualifying-at-minsk-2019-but-canoe-sprint-not-among-them

For anyone interested, that article also includes a detailed explanation as to why canoe sprint isn't one of those sports, despite its previously being designated as such.

I like the ICF had to drop Canoe Sprint qualification just because they couldn’t write their own qualification document right.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Boxing draws are out. Pretty balanced fields in all men's categories, but that was expected since it's also a Euro Championship. The women's brackets are less filled, and it's a good call to have only 5 weights there. All in all, i'm expecting 3-4 medals from boxing, with maybe 1 gold. 

:SVK Boxers draw

VILIAM TANKÓ -60kg : 27 athletes, in 1st round the 22.06. will face Dzmitry Asanau from the host country :BLR
MICHAEL TAKÁCS -64kg: 29 athletes, in 1st round the 23.06. will face James McGivern from :IRL
TOMÁŠ ZÖLD -69kg: 33 athletes, in 1st Round the 22.06. will face Hugo Micallef from :MON
ANDREJ "Bandy" CSEMEZ -75kg: 34 athletes, in 1st Round the 22.06. will face Arthur Beck Ohanyan from :GER
MATÚŠ STRNISKO -81kg: 31 athletes
, in 1st Round the 22.06. will face Sandro Poletan from :SRB
and DÁVID MICHÁLEK -91kg: 26 athletes, in 1st Round already tomorrow as one of our first competing athletes the 21.06. will face Aziz Mouhiidine from :ITA

Not easy draws, but this was expected. but hey, don´t give up and enjoy the European games lads. Good luck guys #Slovenskodotoho ! :cheer:

64828605_1959730207462216_89759234832801

5 hours ago, Edvid said:

Poorly written. There will be 12 shooting events, not 11. Table tennis includes the teams and mixed doubles as qualification events.

15 minutes ago, hckosice said:

TOMÁŠ ZÖLD -69kg: 33 athletes, in 1st Round the 22.06. will face Hugo Micallef from :MON

15 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Not easy draws, but this was expected. but hey, don´t give up and enjoy the European games lads. Good luck guys #Slovenskodotoho ! :cheer:

:mumble:

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Poorly written. There will be 12 shooting events, not 11. Table tennis includes the teams and mixed doubles as qualification events.

Damn! You did Mike dirty. He’s my guy (after you of course, you are the czar of Olympic qualification :p)

1 minute ago, dcro said:

:mumble:

well, Asanau :BLR is former Junior European champion and you know first athlete from host country to compete at the games...so..

Mouhidiin :ITA is last year open european championships champion, our Michálek faced him once at juniors level and lost easily.

the :GER Armenian Ohanyan won silver in last world cup event in Germany

etc.. :IRL is a boxing european powerhouse, :SRB is always strong in combat sports. so yep, not easy draws.

and now when you pointed that, I´m pretty sure Monaco will somehow eliminate our guy as well, even if I was secretely hoping we can win at least this one bout :p