website statistics

Karate EKF European Championships 2018

Totallympics

of course I couldn't watch how it really went, but I have more than a feeling that the men's -75kg semifinal between the 2 legends of Karate Luigi Busà (ITA) and Rafael Aghayev (AZE) has been some kind of a compensation for the facts from earlier today...

I have a lot more than a feeling that Aghayev didn't deserve the favor of the judges at the Hantei...:mumble::whistle:

and also in the men's -67kg class an Italian athlete (Luca Maresca, in this case) loses his quarterfinal bout thanks to an unfavourable Hantei (against Burak Uygur from Turkey, so, always from the same geographical area)...

is it just bad luck or should I think about something else? :whistle::zip:

Men's Kumite -75kg

Gold Medal Bout: Rafael Aghayev (AZE) vs Gabor Harspataki (HUN)

Bronze Medal Bouts: Stanislav Horuna (UKR) vs Enes Garibovic (CRO) & Luigi Busà (ITA) vs Ruslans Sadikovs (LAT)

Edited by phelps

at least, Uygur went through to the final...so, Maresca can still play his chances to win a consolation Bronze...

however, this day is turning into a very bad day for Italy...we lost one of our defending champions in rd #1 and we also missed out on 2 finals that should have been reached by Busà and Maresca, corrupted judging or not (they should have won their bouts well before going to the Hantei, which is always a risky situation, especially when you're facing people coming from certain Countries)

Men's Kumite -67kg

Gold Medal Bout: Stefan Joksic (SRB) vs Burak Uygur (TUR)

Bronze Medal Bouts: Stefan Pokorny (AUT) vs Tural Aghalarzade (AZE) & Yves Martial Tadissi (HUN) vs Luca Maresca (ITA)

Women's Kumite -61kg

Gold Medal Bout: Anita Serogina (UKR) vs Lucie Ignace (FRA)

Bronze Medal Bouts: Bettina Alstadsaether (NOR) vs Tjasa Ristic (SLO) & Merve Coban (TUR) vs Noemie Kornfeld (SUI)

Edited by phelps

Women's Kumite -55kg

Gold Medal Bout: Alesandra Hasani (CRO) vs Anzhelika Terliuga (UKR)

Bronze Medal Bouts: Tuba Yakan (TUR) vs Carla Burkitt (ENG) & Sara Cardin (ITA) vs Jana Bitsch (GER)

Edited by phelps

the previous match against the Latvian seem to have waken up Sara...in the quarters she destroyed the Spaniard Fernandez Osorio by a score of 4-0...

now she has to face her long time rival Anzhelika Terlyuga from Ukraine in the semifinal...