website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics PAGU American Championships 2021

2 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Gáudio is completely out of contention by now.

Bárbara's best event is ribbon, so it's now between Rut and Bárbara.

Oh I remember her ribbon routine. She’s very elegant and has a great energy.

Let’s see what happens.

I just won’t listen any other rude remarks from the comentator like the one he did during men’s trampoline final.

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Oh I remember her ribbon routine. She’s very elegant and has a great energy.

Let’s see what happens.

I just won’t listen any other rude remarks from the comentator like the one he did during men’s trampoline final.

What did he say? I was really baffled at how unprofessional he was. He even cursed at some point, which is something that is taboo in any professional coverage in sports in Brazil. Terrible commentator. I really don't remember what he said, or most probably I just lowered the volume so I didn't have to listen to him, but I apologize in advance for his behavior.

15 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

What did he say? I was really baffled at how unprofessional he was. He even cursed at some point, which is something that is taboo in any professional coverage in sports in Brazil. Terrible commentator. I really don't remember what he said, or most probably I just lowered the volume so I didn't have to listen to him, but I apologize in advance for his behavior.

Oh, don’t apologize for him. All through the coverage he has been rather annoying and at some points plain unprofessional, unlike his partners, who have made  insightful comments, the women in particular. The only comment I liked from him was when he mentioned you yesterday :yes

He basically said he wished Gluckstein to fail his routine so just one of your gymnasts could obtain bronze. At least this time, he was more respectful and declared he expected the odds were in Brazil’s favor during the Mexican gymnasts performance.

Still nothing worse than the Chilean & Argentinian women narrating for Panam Sports spanish broadcast. Those are dumber than Patrick Star

50 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

:BRA Beautiful! I'm so proud!

Congratulations Brazil

You deserve to be in Tokyo, your women were better today and even if it’s a deep lose to remain at home, I’m sire that unlike the Americans you actually have the level to upset “major” teams.

Best wishes for your group in Tokyo.

5 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Congratulations Brazil

You deserve to be in Tokyo, your women were better today and even if it’s a deep lose to remain at home, I’m sire that unlike the Americans you actually have the level to upset “major” teams.

Best wishes for your group in Tokyo.

Thank you!

Prior to the beginning of the event, I thought Brazil would qualify an individual and Mexico would qualify the group. Then Rut Castillo had the best competition of her life and the Mexican group did not qualify -- even though their level is still fantastic -- and everything I thought I knew about gymnastics is a lie now. :mumble::p

I seriously hope the Mexican group doesn't feel discouraged by this result. This is one of the best groups in the world, period. I think that the five balls routine is still not as mature as it could have been, and it hurt the group's chances a little bit, but as the (very unprofessional) Brazilian commentator mentioned, 2024 will be this group's time to shine.

Also, I hope Mexicans realize how monumental it is for Mexico to qualify in rhythmic gymnastics for the very first time. Brazil has never qualified an individual, at least not in the "true" sense. All of our individual performances at the Olympics resulted from invitations. Also, it is also a huge achievement not to qualify through a naturalized individual. Of course, it's okay to qualify through someone who went through the process of naturalization. I'm not judging this. But qualifying an individual born and raised in Mexico, who trained in Mexico, in this sport, is absolutely incredible. Kudos to Mexico and to Rut Castillo!