website statistics

Women's Handball EHF European Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Wow, Denmark won against Norway!

Which means that if France wins against Norway in the semi, the winner of :DEN v :MNE will qualify for Paris2024. 

Either way, big chance for both Denmark and Montenegro to reach the final of a major international tournament. It would be Denmark's first final since Euro 2004! And it would be Montenegro's first final since Euro 2012. 

i believe in denmark

I have never seen so many negative reactions to our women's handball team in Hungary that I see now. For example, one of the former coaches (Mocsai) called the 11th place a disaster and one of the biggest names in Hungarian sport journalism declared it a complete failure of Hungarian handball and said that we aren't playing "modern handball" and the gap between us and the Northern countries will only grow in the future as no one is taking steps for reforms. It's good to see that the blind optimism is officially gone, respected experts are painting a bleak future for Hungarian handball if this continues. 

57 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I have never seen so many negative reactions to our women's handball team in Hungary that I see now. For example, one of the former coaches (Mocsai) called the 11th place a disaster and one of the biggest names in Hungarian sport journalism declared it a complete failure of Hungarian handball and said that we aren't playing "modern handball" and the gap between us and the Northern countries will only grow in the future as no one is taking steps for reforms. It's good to see that the blind optimism is officially gone, respected experts are painting a bleak future for Hungarian handball if this continues. 

This is because you had great results in last tournaments and the expectations were high this year as well. When this happens it's somehow normal for people to react this way, and for good reason in my opinion because your team disappointed the fans a bit. I wouldn't call this a disaster for your team anyway. And yes, the future for northern nations looks more than great in this moment, but I'm confident that Hungary, and also Romania, will rise again.

1 hour ago, vlad said:

This is because you had great results in last tournaments and the expectations were high this year as well. When this happens it's somehow normal for people to react this way, and for good reason in my opinion because your team disappointed the fans a bit. I wouldn't call this a disaster for your team anyway. And yes, the future for northern nations looks more than great in this moment, but I'm confident that Hungary, and also Romania, will rise again.

We haven't had a great result since 2012, it's been 10 years. We didn't have high expectations, finishing above Slovenia and Croatia is as low of a bar as you can get, especially considering that the latter only beat us in the entire tournament. This level of handball is unacceptable from a nation that has spent an enormous amount of money on this sport, probably more than any other nation did in the past decade. And yet here we are, the 11th place is the second worst result ever for us. With the exception of Klujber we don't have world class players and without those there's no way that we will ever be as strong as we were in the 2000s.