website statistics

Women's Handball EHF European Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Predictable preliminary round for the most part, :SLO is the only nation that went into the Top12 over a "higher ranked" nation. But :SLO over :SRB isn't that surprising at all, it's more surprising that they already got 2 points in the main round. 

My guess for the SFs is...

:NOR v :MNE 

:FRA v :DEN 

The Dutch can reach the Top4 if they beat Montenegro, that match will be very intense/close. 

If only our girls could consistently play like did today... One more defeat, but this one was very promising for the future, maybe there's still hope. I mean, there isn't much hope for anything at this ECh, that went away with that match against Croatia, but for next year's WCh we need what we saw today. That way there's a chance for an Olympic quota. 

Edited by Vektor

11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

If only our girls could consistently play like did today... One more defeat, but this one was very promising for the future, maybe there's still hope. I mean, there isn't much hope for anything at this ECh, that went away with that match against Croatia, but for next year's WCh we need what we saw today. That way there's a chance for an Olympic quota. 

yes this TQO will be very open, with the absence of russia and the host country quota for France, it frees up 2 places for the best teams.

The strange thing is that we still have a very clear path into the Top6. We "just" have to beat :SWE and :SLO

Because the rest of the matches have an obvious outcome in that group:

:NOR will beat both :SWE and :SLO, I don't have much doubt about that.

:DEN and :SWE will most likely beat :CRO 

So if everything goes as expected, we can jump over Sweden and Slovenia if we beat both of them. But the issue is that we have to play at the very least as well as we did against Denmark... It's a very slight chance, but at least it's not impossible. 

If :NED continue to play like they did yesterday against :GER, we will finish 12th. In all those years I've seen handball from the Dutch team, this was by far the worst match. The players have zero confidence at the moment, which is pretty strange, because they played good against :FRA .