website statistics

Women's Handball EHF European Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

10 hours ago, CCB said:

Unfortunately, the tension is a bit off in groups A and B. After today's results, you don't have to be a fortune teller to predict that Norway and Sweden will make it to the semi-finals. There is more tension in groups C and D.

SWEvDEN was always going to be the match that decides which team makes it to the Final4 behind Norway and I think that remains true. Denmark can still beat Sweden and have a good chance to make it to the semis. 

As for us... it's over. 3 more defeats are coming up against much stronger teams than Croatia, Slovenia is only one who we can realistically beat, but our girls are mentally defeated. Our best player, Klujber was a wreck after yesterday's match, the Hungarian coach plainly said that our chances of reaching our goal (Top8) are almost certainly gone. It has to said that we are very clearly not one of the favorites to reach Paris2024 at this point, the team hit rock bottom. If the draw wouldn't be favorable, we wouldn't even be in the Top12 at this ECh.

Edited by Vektor

13 hours ago, CCB said:

Hungary was a nightmare tonight. I didn't expect a loss against Croatia at all, although Croatia is the number four of the last ECh. At least Hungary will go to the main round. Against Denmark and Slovenia they are not without a chance. 

Number three.

But a lot of players are sidelined for these championships through injury.

#banbestmen

Told ya @CCB, the second SF spot behind :NOR hasn't been decided yet.

:NOR  4 pts

:SWE  2 pts

:DEN  2 pts

:SLO  2 pts

:CRO  2 pts

:HUN  0 pts

Looks kinda interesting, things can get messy if our girls wake up and steal at least one point from Sweden or Denmark. (But yeah, the more likely scenario is that we will lose all three matches)

Edited by Vektor

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Told ya @CCB, the second SF spot behind :NOR hasn't been decided yet.

:NOR  4 pts

:SWE  2 pts

:DEN  2 pts

:SLO  2 pts

:CRO  2 pts

:HUN  0 pts

Looks kinda interesting, things can get messy if our girls wake up and steal at least one point from Sweden or Denmark. 

are the semi-finalists guaranteed to participate in the TQO?

2 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

are the semi-finalists guaranteed to participate in the TQO?

Yes, if :FRA is in the Top4, which they certainly will be.

Unless there are some major surprises maybe even the 8th place here secures an OQT spot. The fact that we are missing both France and Russia from the Olympic qualification severely limits how this can play out. I would say that the biggest winners of this ECh appear to be :SLO who might secure their OQT participation here. If they beat Croatia, I think they are in. 

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Yes, if :FRA is in the Top4, which they certainly will be.

Unless there are some major surprises maybe even the 8th place here secures an OQT spot. The fact that we are missing both France and Russia from the Olympic qualification severely limits how this can play out. I would say that the biggest winners of this ECh appear to be :SLO who might secure their OQT participation here. If they beat Croatia, I think they are in. 

Which European nations do you think will go to Paris? i would like to see denmark again at the olympics

11 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Which European nations do you think will go to Paris? i would like to see denmark again at the olympics

:FRA  :NOR  :MNE  :DEN  :SWE  :NED  will all be there, I would be surprised if one of them messes up the qualification.

:GER  :ESP  should also make it, but Spain is having a rough start here. 

If the 8 listed above all predictably qualify, there will be one more spot for the Europeans. Which would go to Russia under normal circumstances. I don't know... maybe :SLO ? Or :POL ? Or :ROU ? Or us, somehow? :d Who knows which team avoids injuries and be in top form one and a half years from now. 

Edited by Vektor