website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2021

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I feel for her. Deguchi is the better judoka and it came down to one tournament where they never faced off. Sad.

Ya, I definitively understand how bitter this must feel. She sacrificed quite a bit to represent Canada specifically to compete in Tokyo. I don’t think Klimkait would have had much of a chance under the original selection plan.

However, ultimately, how do you not send the defending world champion when worlds were less than two months before the Olympics?

It just really sucks that Canada has two world champions *ever* in Judo and they fight in the same weight class and are one year apart.

21 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

If national team get involved, it could persuade one to change weight class.

Problem is on both sides we have national athletes too, and just pure luck the other 4 women's weights there isn't anyone ready to make the Olympics.

4 hours ago, Vektor said:

As always, take this with a grain of salt. In women's 57kg :SRB went inside the green zone, while :GBR lost a world quota. There are no changes in men's 73kg.

Women's 57kg

:CAN  :KOS  :FRA  :GER  :TPE  :ISR  :POR  :HUN  :MGL  :POL  :SLO  :RUS  :GEO  :SRB  :KOR  :CHN  :BUL  :PAN 

Men's 73kg

:AZE  :GEO  :KOR  :SWE  :MGL  :ISR  :CAN  :TUR  :UZB  :KOS  :ITA  :RUS  :TJK  :KAZ  :UAE  :GER  :MDA  :SUI 

The Brit was already out: Nekoda Smith-Davis is taking the rest of the season off for concussion reasons.

H2H between Deguchi & Klimkait doesn't matter IMO.

It's about their h2h versus all the top competitors in the division. That's the details I need to know.

Besides, Japan faces the same problem in more than one category each & every year. Nobody will make them a favor at the Olympics so nobody will make Canada a favor either.

Out of curiousity, why did Macias get punished with a 3rd and final shido for being pushed out of the mat by Shavdatuashvili (and not stepping out of it by himself)? I mean, earlier on, plenty of judokas have received penalties for doing exactly what Shavdatuashvili did, but now he committed a 'foul' and his opponent got punished? :d 

It's like in football you hit someone in the face, and you are the one getting a free kick :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!