website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics PAGU American Championships 2021

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Provisional Olympic qualification after 2 of 4 subdivisions:

:CRC Luciana Alvarado: 50.833

:ARG Abigail Magistrati: 48.433

What a great surprise to see Alvarado ahead of Magistrati, even though :MEX will likely beat this score. Magistrati is the reigning South American champion in the all-around. Quite shocking, indeed!

4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

What a great surprise to see Alvarado ahead of Magistrati, even though :MEX will likely beat this score. Magistrati is the reigning South American champion in the all-around. Quite shocking, indeed!

After yesterday's bomb I'm not so sure anymore.

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

After yesterday's bomb I'm not so sure anymore.

I didn't expect anything from de Luna, honestly, so it was not a surprise for me. But Paulina Campos scored 52.7 in Mexico's selection camp, and that's counting a fall on the floor exercise. I'm not sure she's going to beat Dominici here, especially because the judges seem to be extra picky on bars, but she can definitely beat Alvarado. I expected Magistrati to actually score around what Dominici did, so now that the bar is set much lower than I anticipated, it's Mexico's quota to lose.

11 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

And the strict bars judges are at it again: all four of the Mexican girls had great routines but the scores are still quite low. At least they're consistently deducting everyone, so no bias here. But it's still weird.

And now they will suffer in beam, because of the Mexican woman big derriere genetic curse

10 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

It looks like I celebrated too early. Paulina Campos now needs a great vault to qualify. She can still do it, but it will be close. Briceño also needs a great vault to reach Costa Rica.

With all respect to the costa rica girl but I can't believe Mexico with 4 girls can't beat a gymnast from a country with a quarter maybe of the funding/support of what our gymnast receive, not that they get A LOT but come on!

This time maybe was the easiest for our gymnast to get a second spot for the Olympis but looks like it wont happen