website statistics

Poll 48/100 | The Statistical Point

Poll 48/100  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following statements would be true?

• 1-At least one boat in Sailing will be guaranteed the gold medal before the final Medal Race
    • 2-China will not win all golds in table tennis
    • 3-At least 1 top seed in Men's or Women's Individual Recurve after ranking will fail to reach semis.
    • 4-At least 1 tripartite invitation athlete will win a Olympic medal.
    • 5-At least 1 couple will win medals in same or different events
    • 6-Simone Biles will be the most successful female gymnast at Tokyo

20 minutes ago, LDOG said:

There should be some same-sex couple participating together in some event. I remember cases in team sports in the past.

It was the case of Breanna Stewart :USA and Marta Xargay :ESP in basketball 5 years ago.

2 hours ago, LDOG said:

There should be some same-sex couple participating together in some event. I remember cases in team sports in the past.

Might even be examples of same-sex couples participating versus each other. I know some Dutch women's football teams have partners from different nationalities that are also active players.

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

Kate Walsh and Helen Richardson are officially married (they even use the double surname now) and won together the women's field hockey gold medal for GB in Rio...:evil:

41 minutes ago, phelps said:

Kate Walsh and Helen Richardson are officially married (they even use the double surname now) and won together the women's field hockey gold medal for GB in Rio...:evil:

I know more from that sport, both gay and straight (seems like a small sport huh?). 

Also in volleyball. From past Brazilian teams to be precise.

Oh wait, statement 5 was about couples as in, in a relationship? I thought just two athletes in general :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 01/06/2021 at 09:01, heywoodu said:

1, 3, 5 and 6

Not sure which two athletes will both win a medal in the same two events, but considering we've got swimming on the program I'd be highly surprised if the diversity in medal winners is so big, this doesn't happen :p 

And that's without even looking at other sports where it's possible. With swimming and it's many highly related events alone this should be done and dusted, probably more than once :d 

Dutch question. Are Eduoard Gal and Hans-Peter Mindenhout officially married now? And will both make the dressage team?