website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics UAG African Championships 2021

:EGY  Zeina Ibrahim qualified with a decent score, on par with the ones who qualified at the World Championships.

:RSA Naveen Daries also qualified, but with a very low score. Apparently, she fell once in evert apparatus. I really though :ALG had it in the bag for the second quota, but I was wrong. Too bad.

Both :EGY and :RSA had already qualified gymnasts at the World Championships. Too bad for Algeria, Nigeria and Cameroon, but hopefully these nations will not get discouraged.

58 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

:EGY  Zeina Ibrahim qualified with a decent score, on par with the ones who qualified at the World Championships.

:RSA Naveen Daries also qualified, but with a very low score. Apparently, she fell once in evert apparatus. I really though :ALG had it in the bag for the second quota, but I was wrong. Too bad.

Both :EGY and :RSA had already qualified gymnasts at the World Championships. Too bad for Algeria, Nigeria and Cameroon, but hopefully these nations will not get discouraged.

Any idea where the results may be posted?

12 minutes ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

Who hoy thr wildcards in gymnastics.

Apparently... :ALB Matvei Petrov

https://www.gazetatema.net/2021/05/25/gjimnasti-rus-qe-garon-per-shqiperine-kualifikohet-zyrtarisht-ne-olimpiaden-e-tokios/

Russian gymnast who already took an easy way out by switching to Albania... And now he gets a free spot too? :facepalm:

For me, this is the biggest Tripartite Commission controversy ever...

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

Apparently... :ALB Matvei Petrov

https://www.gazetatema.net/2021/05/25/gjimnasti-rus-qe-garon-per-shqiperine-kualifikohet-zyrtarisht-ne-olimpiaden-e-tokios/

Russian gymnast who already took an easy way out by switching to Albania... And now he gets a free spot too? :facepalm:

For me, this is the biggest Tripartite Commission controversy ever...

Nah, it's to be expected.

Of course, one can question whether his decision to switch to Albania was a fair move or not, but Russia was determined not to support him anymore, so he had nothing to lose.

Besides, he had never been very successful in Russia. His best result until he switched to Albania was one single bronze medal at the World Cup series. As an Albanian, not only he added another bronze medal at the World Cup series to he résumé, he also won the pommel horse gold medal at the 2020 Europeans, so he's kind of high profile now. He could even become the first-ever gymnast to go to the Olympics with a wildcard and still make it to one of the finals. Maybe even a medal if the final is as crazy as the one at the 2021 Euros was.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Where did you find the results ? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Where did you find the results ? Thanks!

Here: https://twitter.com/thegymterdotnet

Also, keep an eye on the South African gymnastics federation website. They usually post full results of important meets. @JoshMartini007 might be interested too.