website statistics

Judo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

I think it goes to the next best without CQ 

if they start to change from CQ to direct Quota that would end up in chaos, as it would change all CQ and people before confirmed could drop out 

But I am not 100% sure 

It goes for the first not directly qualified (even if he has a CQ).

Then a CQ gets free and goes to the next athlete in condition to receive it.

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

I think it goes to the next best without CQ 

if they start to change from CQ to direct Quota that would end up in chaos, as it would change all CQ and people before confirmed could drop out 

But I am not 100% sure 

Yea what a mess that would be, but it would be unfair for the athlete that stands to get a CQ if their team mate is elevated to a WR quota.

For once our athlete is first under the line. that is a step closer to the Olympics, last time we were 3 places behind the cut off, now just 1 place behind. Improvement

So this is the final list ? https://78884ca60822a34fb0e6-082b8fd5551e97bc65e327988b444396.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/up/2021/06/IJF Olympic Games Qualification Judo 2020 - by category.pdf

Great to see almost the whole planet qualified though, well except Slovakia obviously, but hey nobody cares two shits about judo in the country so nothing terrible happened :p

23 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Why did Korea and Italy returned CQ quota? Also why does it show OR for countries? i thought it's the top judoka that gets the spot

If you have two or more in the top 18, the country gets too choose

3 hours ago, Griff88 said:

I wondered where our judokas go :whistle:

I supposed the Indonesian Judo Association did not have any funding to send their judokas to qualification tournaments, which is a shame because they're pretty decent in the Southeast Asian level. 

4 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Why did Korea and Italy returned CQ quota? Also why does it show OR for countries? i thought it's the top judoka that gets the spot

Oceania could only fill 3/5 women's CQ quotas so the other two went to the highest ranked eligible athletes not yet qualified.

Expected reallocation

Woman 70kg: Canada returning Direct quota, that should go to Tunisia i think 

European CQ: Great Britain and Belgium returning female quota, that goes again to Great Britain  and Croatia 

i hope I am right ?, but who knows ??‍♂️