website statistics

Shooting ESC European Championships 2021

George_D

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

in today's Mixed Team Trap event, we just had an anticipation of the Italian shooting psycho-drama...:nopompom:

our "olympic duo" De Filippis and Stanco were outclassed by Jessica Rossi and Valerio Grazini (who hasn't got any quota place, therefore he won't be in Tokyo)...

Jessica & Valerio qualified in 1st place and then won the silver medal, the other 2 guys ended up in a miserable 6th place (miserable for their skills, of course) and couldn't even try and get any medal...:facepalm:

that's what happens when a marriage is broken...shards everywhere, at home as on the job...:facepalm: :wall:

Are you sure that they won the silver medal.?

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

in today's Mixed Team Trap event, we just had an anticipation of the Italian shooting psycho-drama...:nopompom:

our "olympic duo" De Filippis and Stanco were outclassed by Jessica Rossi and Valerio Grazini (who hasn't got any quota place, therefore he won't be in Tokyo)...

Jessica & Valerio qualified in 1st place and then won the silver medal, the other 2 guys ended up in a miserable 6th place (miserable for their skills, of course) and couldn't even try and get any medal...:facepalm:

that's what happens when a marriage is broken...shards everywhere, at home as on the job...:facepalm: :wall:

Rossi and Grazini won the gold by a single point.

6 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

Are you sure that they won the silver medal.?

I haven't watched the final, so I only read the result on the sius website...and when I saw it (just after 7 p.m.), they had 41-39 for GBR...:evil:

now, when you replied, I watched again and they have changed it in 41-39 for the Italians...:yikes: :mumble:

well, if they won Gold, that's even worse...

maybe it's time to think about a different set of shooters to be selected for the Games (I mean, a swap Grazini in, Cassandro out -or, even if it would be extremely unfair and painful, De Nicolo out and Grazini in- must be taken into consideration, especially looking at Stanco's poor shape)...

there are too many medals at stake to keep it like it would have been good 12 months ago...

2 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Rossi and Grazini won the gold by a single point.

no, after all these posts, I've just gone on Youtube and watched the last pair of shots...the Italians won by 2 points, 41-39...:evil:

probably the sius website just inverted the names beside Gold and Silver medals in the first release...then, they made the obvious correction and now it's perfect...;)

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, after all these posts, I've just gone on Youtube and watched the last pair of shots...the Italians won by 2 points, 41-39...:evil:

probably the sius website just inverted the names beside Gold and Silver medals in the first release...then, they made the obvious correction and now it's perfect...;)

Yep, I was looking at the qualification score (145-144), but really the main point was they won.

53 minutes ago, phelps said:

I haven't watched the final, so I only read the result on the sius website...and when I saw it (just after 7 p.m.), they had 41-39 for GBR...:evil:

now, when you replied, I watched again and they have changed it in 41-39 for the Italians...:yikes: :mumble:

well, if they won Gold, that's even worse...

maybe it's time to think about a different set of shooters to be selected for the Games (I mean, a swap Grazini in, Cassandro out -or, even if it would be extremely unfair and painful, De Nicolo out and Grazini in- must be taken into consideration, especially looking at Stanco's poor shape)...

there are too many medals at stake to keep it like it would have been good 12 months ago...

De Nicolo out and Grazini in, no doubt about it, but it will be difficult It will be happen, it's more likely they change te 3rd rifle  pass with 1 more in 10m pistol...... And we have a junior boy that is shooting around 631 and 632 in 3 consecutive competitions in 10m Air rifle and probably won't be even considered

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but my knowledge of shooting and the qualification is extremely limited. Aoife Gormally finished 7th in the women's trap, finishing one place below the Olympic quota. What are the chances, if any, that she could get a quota after reallocations?

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but my knowledge of shooting and the qualification is extremely limited. Aoife Gormally finished 7th in the women's trap, finishing one place below the Olympic quota. What are the chances, if any, that she could get a quota after reallocations?

She was ranked 20th in the world in Trap and Ireland has no shooting quota so I would think high.

25 minutes ago, Oldira said:

She was ranked 20th in the world in Trap and Ireland has no shooting quota so I would think high.

Yes I saw in the rankings from end of March she is the highest ranked non-qualifier in women’s trap from an NOC with no shooting quota thus far. Would be great to have a shooter back at the Games for first time since 2012 and first female shooter since 1996!