website statistics

Shooting ESC European Championships 2021

George_D

I hope that Germany will win at least one quote today. With possibly 3 athletes in the final the odds aren’t too bad, although the competition is very strong.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I hope that Germany will win at least one quote today. With possibly 3 athletes in the final the odds aren’t too bad, although the competition is very strong.

I am note quite sure who will get the olympic ranking quota in women skeet if Amber Hill :GBR wins a quota here. Nadine Messerschmidt :GER is in third place of the olympic ranking, but I think :GER is not eligible for a quota as they already have one quota in women skeet.

39 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

If the live data is correct, Sven Korte :GER missed his last 4 shots :facepalm:still hope that this is a technical issue (he wa 119/121 before)

Edit: It was only two of his last 4 shots but this made him drop from a secured place in the final to below shoot off...

1 hour ago, Mecki83 said:

What about Amber Hill :GBR? I know she is number 1 in the Olympic Ranking, but isn`t she eligible for the quota and if she wins the quota someone else gets the quota from the world ranking?

Amber Hill earns the Olympic ranking quota for sure. No matter of her result today, she's got it. But if she earns the quota today in the final, then I am not sure who is next in line for the Olympic ranking quota. 

20 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Amber Hill earns the Olympic ranking quota for sure. No matter of her result today, she's got it. But if she earns the quota today in the final, then I am not sure who is next in line for the Olympic ranking quota. 

It will go to :KAZ Zoya Kravchenko, the highest ranked athlete from a nation not yet qualified in the event.

1 hour ago, Mecki83 said:

If the live data is correct, Sven Korte :GER missed his last 4 shots :facepalm:still hope that this is a technical issue (he wa 119/121 before)

Edit: It was only two of his last 4 shots but this made him drop from a secured place in the final to below shoot off...

Where do you find live results? Is the website a bit different or my computer bad?

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

If I'm not wrong, :CYP vs :GER vs :FIN for the 2 quotas in men's skeet.

yes, you're right...

and :CYP vs :GER vs :GBR vs 2x :RUS for 2 quota places among the women, with :RUS that could win only 1 (because they already have 1) and :GBR who's sure to qualify via WR in any case, even if she misses out in this specific final (if she gets a quota from this event, instead is :KAZ to earn the WR spot)...

Would be typical for German shooting to go from 3 spots in the final to 2 spots (thanks to Korte‘s monster choke) and then to 0 quota places. If I could chose, I would prefer a quota for the men.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.