website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Now I just hope Miller/Toko can qualify for Tokyo , they have to do it they should do it for Vanuatu Beach Volleyball. That could mean the biggest squad with universality places 

Probably not, ignoring nations with team quotas (Honduras and Montenegro) the largest tripartite nation will likely be Samoa. They have already qualified seven athletes and will qualify more in judo and weightlifting (plus a chance in rugby sevens, but that's a team sport). That's without getting any invitation places (they will be given one/two in swimming).

Due to their success, this means Samoa won't be eligible for tripartite quotas in 2024.

23 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Probably not, ignoring nations with team quotas (Honduras and Montenegro) the largest tripartite nation will likely be Samoa. They have already qualified seven athletes and will qualify more in judo and weightlifting (plus a chance in rugby sevens, but that's a team sport). That's without getting any invitation places (they will be given one/two in swimming).

Due to their success, this means Samoa won't be eligible for tripartite quotas in 2024.

Actually I meant with tripartite places ,beach volleyball and current qualified  Vanuatu will have its biggest  squad ever at Olympics. 

I'm closely reading Samoan Newspapers once a week. I'm happy with their preparation for the Olympics. They can win a medal (or 2 with some luck) in weightlifting and rugby team is preparing well since last year I don't know about France though for the Qualifiers. 

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

wow, did not know they confirmed the XD quotas already. That is a nice surprise.

Balážová and Pištej officially in Tokyo :clap: 2nd Olympics for Barbi hope her WS confirmation will be unveiled soon as well, Olympic debut for Pištej.

3 :SVK athletes in Table Tennis equalled the amount of Rio 2016 with almost the same players (Only now retired Eva Odorová will be replaced by Ľubomír Pištej this time)

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Weird they didn't allocate the 16th quota since if they were waiting for the World Cup event then the world rankings wouldn't be finalized...

It is possible that they intend to do a tournament for that Olympic quota, but that this tournament does not award points?