website statistics

Diving FINA World Cup 2021

George_D

10 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Lack of competition over the past twelve months really seems to have hurt the divers. Even the Chinese are far from their best.

Yes, I agree with about lack of competition; still some of these pairs have competed together for years and have made some pretty "amateur" mistakes I'd expect from a competitor from Yemen or Tuvalu.

Great results for Italy and Germany in women's 3m synchro :thumbup:

Sad about Russia though, but that 4th (like with most other contenders in that same round) and 5th dives were their death.

Can't say too much about men's 10m synchro since I haven't see the footage, but if that mediocre performance by Garcia (Willars is still making the transition from Jr. to Sr.) was enough for Silver, I can say I really hope Mexico is banned from attending Tokyo if the federation insist in sending him just because his partner is friends with the Goverment undersecretary.

Also glad Koreans will debut in synchro and that shall create room for two divers from other countries  to attend Tokyo.

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Nice bronze medal by Canada's men. They kept their dives relatively simple (their most difficult was a 3.4), but did them well.

These team shall be a true contender for Tokyo if they continue to evolve. I'm really glad they earned their quota with solid executions.