website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics UEG European Championships 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Even with one rotation to go, it's been decided: the Olympic quotas go to :RUS and :TUR Adem Asil. I'm very surprised with Turkey getting its fourth quota to the Olympics. 

this is Wrong. Quota can go to :RUS, has already 2 quotes from criterias 5 and 6, WC apparatus and WC all around. 

image.png

2 hours ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

this is Wrong. Quota can go to :RUS, has already 2 quotes from criterias 5 and 6, WC apparatus and WC all around. 

The Apparatus World Cup series has not been finished yet. Only after it is finished, Russia will decide if they will take the quota or not.

However, I'd say they will not take the quota. The quota obtained in the Apparatus World Cup series is nominative; this means that it will remain tied to one specific gymnast, and if this gymnast gets injured, say, the day before the Olympics, then Russia would lose this quota.

However, since Russia qualified a full team at the 2018 World Championships, the rules state that the quota obtained at the European Championships go to the country. The quota obtained at the All-Around World Cup series also goes to the country. So, unless the rules state that they have to accept the quota obtained at the Apparatus World Cup series -- and I don't think the rules state this anywhere -- they are free to choose the quotas for the country obtained at the All-Around World Cup and at the European Championships, and take whoever they want to the Olympic Games.

Update: So, I found the section in the document that mentions this. Apparently, Russia might be obliged to take the quota from the Apparatus World Cup series. However, it's still unclear whether they would lose the right to take the quota from the EC if they refuse the quota from the Apparatur WC series. FIG has the most stupid qualification system I've seen in my life!

Bad bad day and meet for many of the pre-favourites like Withlock who is out of any final and specially HIS specialty Pommel Horse

And in general for the brits, though they still can have a good championships if they win medals at the AA & apparatus finals.

Epke Zonderland now doesn't even have that gigantic D score and his E score could be even lower; attrocious form and execution even worst than when he was at his 'prime' 

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Take Petrounias, for example: he has to score 15.334 or better at the Doha World Cup if he wants to go to the Olympics, and he scored 15.366 here. It's too close for comfort, of course, but he's not "training" his way to this event. He's taking it very seriously.

Do you think Petrounias is expected to qualify for Tokyo? And if he does, do you think he would be the favourite to win gold?

12 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

The Apparatus World Cup series has not been finished yet. Only after it is finished, Russia will decide if they will take the quota or not.

However, I'd say they will not take the quota. The quota obtained in the Apparatus World Cup series is nominative; this means that it will remain tied to one specific gymnast, and if this gymnast gets injured, say, the day before the Olympics, then Russia would lose this quota.

However, since Russia qualified a full team at the 2018 World Championships, the rules state that the quota obtained at the European Championships go to the country. The quota obtained at the All-Around World Cup series also goes to the country. So, unless the rules state that they have to accept the quota obtained at the Apparatus World Cup series -- and I don't think the rules state this anywhere -- they are free to choose the quotas for the country obtained at the All-Around World Cup and at the European Championships, and take whoever they want to the Olympic Games.

Update: So, I found the section in the document that mentions this. Apparently, Russia might be obliged to take the quota from the Apparatus World Cup series. However, it's still unclear whether they would lose the right to take the quota from the EC if they refuse the quota from the Apparatur WC series. FIG has the most stupid qualification system I've seen in my life!

Russia can't refuse that quota. Apparently, WC have to end BEFORE european, so Russian can't compete for pass. The same confusion is in shooting, where ranking is AFTER and not BEFORE ECH. All pass for ranking are provisional.

@Makedonas, pass for Petrounas depend from... China. For the same rule, china has one pass in WC AA, and have to choose only another pass in WC apparatus. Now, chinese are first in rings and in pommel horse. If they choosen PH, Petrounas is in. If they choosen rings. Petrounas is out

Is there any bitching on social media in your countries as well about German women wearing long pants and such? :facepalm: 

The :facepalm:  is obviously meant for the people bitching about it, not for the German athletes who want to show young girls that you don't need to wear those extremely revealing clothes just to be in gymnastics.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

according to our sport website OA, they can't...they're only choice is to keep their man leading the Parallel Bars ranking home from the last WC event in Doha and hope someone overtake him in said ranking...

otherwise they would necessarily have to take the World Cup series cards instead of the Continental quota (which would go to Bartolini, ITA)...

same situation for China in Asia...even if they get the Continental quota, they are going to leave it on the table because of the World Cup ones (they have 2 men leading 2 disciplines, even if Petrounias could still steal one of those)...

to me, the people that invented this qualification procedure are absolutely crazy, a bunch of idiots...:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

Russia can't refuse that quota. Apparently, WC have to end BEFORE european, so Russian can't compete for pass. The same confusion is in shooting, where ranking is AFTER and not BEFORE ECH. All pass for ranking are provisional.

@Makedonas, pass for Petrounas depend from... China. For the same rule, china has one pass in WC AA, and have to choose only another pass in WC apparatus. Now, chinese are first in rings and in pommel horse. If they choosen PH, Petrounas is in. If they choosen rings. Petrounas is out

Petrounias can still earn his spot by himself by scoring more than 15.334 in Doha, despite what China might decide on their team and quota...

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is there any bitching on social media in your countries as well about German women wearing long pants and such? :facepalm: 

The :facepalm:  is obviously meant for the people bitching about it, not for the German athletes who want to show young girls that you don't need to wear those extremely revealing clothes just to be in gymnastics.

our social media don't even know that a sport named gymnastics exists...:yikes: :rofl: :facepalm:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

No.

Seriously without Totallympics I would never know there gymnastic competition going on. I believe apart our athlete her coach, some guys in the federation & me no one else know :d

and now about the topic, what you meant by long pants ? :d