website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, phelps said:

what do you think about Kerem Kamal's throw on Emelin in the -60kg final, when they first awarded 4 points to the Turkish guy and then they cancelled them after the Russian coach's challenge? :mumble:

they called it the leg foul. it was a close call but I would give it 4 to Kamal. he was the better wrestler clearly. even without that 4pts throw still they could give Emelin another passivity caution.

the way they give cautions is terrible. no consistency at all. nobody knows when they are going to give a 3rd caution. in that match Kamal worked really hard for a 3rd caution but they didn't give it. probably because they knew Kamal may score something and win the match, (and they didn't want to make the big Mamiashvili angry) but then for example in Italy-Austria 97kg bronze medal match, they gave a nonsense 3rd caution against Nikoloz. most probably because they knew the Austrian can't move him an inch. in that POL-SRB match I explain above, they didn't even give the 2nd caution despite absolutely no activity in the 2nd period.

whenever I see a tournament with relatively "good officiating" they come back strongly the next tournament with some terrible officiating (not necessarily on purpose, sometimes simply because they are stupid) to make sure nobody forgets how bad they are. I couldn't watch the preliminaries since Iam busy these days but I watched yesterday and tonight finals and saw so many calls I consider them questionable.

yeah, I saw those bouts and sometimes I had a difficult time to understand what refs and judges were doing...

I think they have to find the way to end this kind of controversies if they want the sport to have a bright future...

I'm sure IOC is there with their lenses to find an excuse to drop GR and cut some spots/weights for the other styles...it would be extremely stupid to give them a chance because of bad/not easily understandable rules and even worse officiating...