website statistics

Women's Football Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just finished watching replays of the games:

:SWE vs :USA: Honestly, I’m not that shocked that we lost, but I am shocked at how bad we played. USA looked flat. Sweden played very well & will likely contend for a medal.

:CHN vs :BRA: Brazil looked very good. Marta is still killing it. They are going to be tough to beat.

:CAN vs :JPN: Canada just kinda sat back after their early goal. Should’ve cost them the game if Japan didn’t miss that penalty.

:AUS vs :NZL: I still expect USA to beat both of these teams. 

I didn’t watch the :GBR vs :CHI & :NED vs :ZAM games.

I feel good about :GBR to be honest. We played really nice football but at the same time did not convert enough chances. We'll see how we do against a tougher opponent, but this was a a nice result.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

5 hours ago, phelps said:

my "conscious" 10th Summer Games (I should count also the 1980 Olympics, but I was only 6 and frankly I don't remember almost anything of that period, even if I saw most things of those Games later)...:torch:

definitely the worst of them all, because of the empty stands but above all because it's the first time without my beloved mom (who passed away 4 years ago)...:cry:

not so sure I'm gonna enjoy the party as I'd like...too many disturbing memories...

sorry for the OT...

Opening Ceremony will be really tough for me. I had developed an OC “crew” since Vancouver 2010. My grandmother passed away in January. She was an important part of the OC crew. 

At least we all have each other’s company on the forum. I always enjoy watching the various multi-sports games with all of you.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

That :NED v. :ZAM game was crazy. 

Group F with 18 goals after two games :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Opening Ceremony will be really tough for me. I had developed an OC “crew” since Vancouver 2010. My grandmother passed away in January. She was an important part of the OC crew. 

very sad to know that...

At least we all have each other’s company on the forum. I always enjoy watching the various multi-sports games with all of you.

the same for me...