website statistics

Women's Football Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

That was a rather unimpressive performance by the Dutch team. Sure, the score warms them up nicely, but that was really 5% thanks to them and 95% thanks to Zambia just being....well, not really good :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just tuning in for the replays... :NED 3 - 1 :ZAM after 20 minutes. :lol:

Zambia somehow has pretty good offense, and non-existent defense. The Dutch players meanwhile look as though they would rather be ANYWHERE but here. :roflmao:

#banbestmen

37 minutes ago, dcro said:

Just tuning in for the replays... :NED 3 - 1 :ZAM after 20 minutes. :lol:

Zambia somehow has pretty good offense, and non-existent defense. The Dutch players meanwhile look as though they would rather be ANYWHERE but here. :roflmao:

Am impressed by Zambia’s commitment to the offside trap, even though it has never worked once.

The medal predictions on the previous page really overestimate the Dutch team! That Zambia match was filled to the brim with mistakes and only some of them were by the Zambian team.

Apparently we face :SWE or :USA in the quarterfinal and I don't see us beating either of them honestly.

Medal hopes aside, that was a hilarious match really! Happy youngster Pelova also got her first NT goal.

6 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

So spooky watching this with no spectators. 

But better than nothing.

My 7th Summer OG. :d

my "conscious" 10th Summer Games (I should count also the 1980 Olympics, but I was only 6 and frankly I don't remember almost anything of that period, even if I saw most things of those Games later)...:torch:

definitely the worst of them all, because of the empty stands but above all because it's the first time without my beloved mom (who passed away 4 years ago)...:cry:

not so sure I'm gonna enjoy the party as I'd like...too many disturbing memories...

sorry for the OT...

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

my "conscious" 10th Summer Games (I should count also the 1980 Olympics, but I was only 6 and frankly I don't remember almost anything of that period, even if I saw most things of those Games later)...:torch:

definitely the worst of them all, because of the empty stands but above all because it's the first time without my beloved mom (who passed away 4 years ago)...:cry:

not so sure I'm gonna enjoy the party as I'd like...too many disturbing memories...

sorry for the OT...

I didnt know you had such a huge loss. :(

After that loss, nothing is same, for sure. I feel so sad to hear that. :(

Wow, 10th! Thats really something.

OT, can you remember who was broadcasting Seoul and LA in Italy? 

Raiuno?

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

sorry for the OT...

Same... It is the one year anniversary of my moms passing and honestly its hard. I dont think anything can hurt you like losing a parent.

6 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I didnt know you had such a huge loss. :(

After that loss, nothing is same, for sure. I feel so sad to hear that. :(

Wow, 10th! Thats really something.

OT, can you remember who was broadcasting Seoul and LA in Italy? 

Raiuno?

1984 it was the rai channels (rai1, 2 and 3...depending on the momento of the day, but never all together)...

1988 it was the rai channels, but also Telemontecarlo (summaries only) and, above all, TV Koper/Capodistria, which was namely the tv channel of the Yugoslav Italian Community, but it was bought by Silvio berlusconi at the beginning of that year and so they had a lot of sports events commentated in italian for the Italian audience...

a few years later they broke out of TV Koper and became Tele+, our first pay-tv provider...and so on...

p.s. thanks for your words...

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Same... It is the one year anniversary of my moms passing and honestly its hard. I dont think anything can hurt you like losing a parent.

yes, and sometimes how it happens can be even tougher because of the feeling of helplessness...

however, with time things go better, even if (at least for me) it's impossible to completely forget and / or remove the pain deep in the heart...