website statistics

Freestyle Skiing FIS Freestyle World Championships 2021

hckošice

Are they doing mixed moguls too? Anything with the word mixed that makes the rich even richer? :lol: It's obvious gender equality is more important than excitement so I see no reason why anything would change with moguls.

It's curious to see Russia once again provides the young talent as evident by the age of women's dual moguls finalists.

Actually Russians makes noise with their youngsters and everyone else sitting on their hands with veterans is one reason moguls might be kicked off the Olympic programme :p

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Are they doing mixed moguls too? Anything with the word mixed that makes the rich even richer? :lol: It's obvious gender equality is more important than excitement so I see no reason why anything would change with moguls.

It's curious to see Russia once again provides the young talent as evident by the age of women's dual moguls finalists.

Actually Russians makes noise with their youngsters and everyone else sitting on their hands with veterans is one reason moguls might be kicked off the Olympic programme :p

Very true, especially since only 4 of the top 6 were born in 1998 or later and only 3 of those 4 weren’t from Russia. It is also concerning that at the last junior worlds of all the medals in women’s mogul only gold and silver didn’t go to someone from Russia.

By the way: As far as I know there will only be a mixed aerials team event at the Olympics (which is equally nonsensical of course), but no mixed moguls team event.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Mixed Team Aerials
Final Results

WHT.gif Russian Ski Federation
NIKITINA Liubov
KROTOV Pavel
BUROV Maxim

SUI.gif Switzerland
BOUVARD Carol
WERNER Pirmin
ROTH Noe

USA.gif United States
CALDWELL Ashley
LOUGHRAN Eric
LILLIS Christopher

Final 2 Results HERE
Final 1 Results HERE

Final Medal Count

Rank
Nation
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total
CAN.gif Canada
AUS.gif Australia
FRA.gif France
USA.gif United States
KAZ.gif Kazakhstan
SUI.gif Switzerland
JPN.gif Japan
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022

Final Medal Count Olympic Events Only

Rank
Nation
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total
FRA.gif France
AUS.gif Australia
CAN.gif Canada
USA.gif United States
KAZ.gif Kazakhstan
SUI.gif Switzerland
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022

20 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Are they doing mixed moguls too?

FIS is preparing a mixed team dual moguls format. It's been held at some pre-season International events in the Southern hemisphere and it looks like the aim is to have it in the 2026 Olympics.

21 hours ago, Braulio said:

For me Moguls have become a bit borring to watch with everybody doing the same tricks and now with the Final, Super Final, Ultra Final Format

And given I don't understand a bit about the scoring, how they get the scores?

60% of the score is the quality of the turns, 20% speed and 20% the jumps.

Some of the elite athletes on the men's side can actually do harder jumps than what you see in competition, but they are restricted in what they can do by the rules (i.e. they cannot do any double flips). That and since jumps are only worth 20% of the score people tend to be a little conservative. The middle section is really where competitions are won or lost.