:NED NETHERLANDS 7
:DEN DENMARK 6
:NZL NEW ZEALAND 5
:POR PORTUGAL 4
:GER GERMANY 3
:ESP SPAIN 2
:BUL BULGARIA 1

Goodbye from jury in National language

Tai buvo Lietuvos komisijos balai, gero likusio šou!

English Translation of Goodbye

Honestly, I feel betrayed this year. USA chooses Finneas, an artist which I love. UK chooses Laura Marling, my top 4 most listened to artist of ALL TIME. China sends the same artist that got 3rd from me last year. Ireland picks Dermot Kennedy. New Zealand picks Ladyhawke that got 12 points from me recently and Germany returns with Silbermond that got points as well. I feel like this was decided for me before it even started :D

Thank you for the 12 points.

I'm glad you and @Olympian1010 enjoyed the song, because to me it's meh so I'm totally not surprised by its performance

2 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

Thank you for the 12 points.

I'm glad you and @Olympian1010 enjoyed the song, because to me it's meh so I'm totally not surprised by its performance

I'm very surprised by its performance (expected a four-way battle between Ireland, Sweden, Canada and you guys), but I think you might find your way back into a top 10 in the second part of this contest. 

There are definitely some results that I can't comprehend, but I guess it just shows how my personal music preferences don't align with Totallympics users at all :p 

While we’re in a bit of an intermission, I have some of my personal voting stats ready to present. Keep in mind that I’ve participated in 6 TISCs in total.

Top 5 In Total Points:

:IRL - 42

:LTU - 33

:HUN - 32

:CZE - 25

:FRA - 25

Top 3 In Number of Editions Where Points Were Awarded:

:IRL - 5 editions

:MLT - 4 editions

:POL - 4 editions

:ROU - 4 editions

Top 3 In Number of Editions Selected As Reserve:

:BRA - 3 editions

:SRB - 2 editions

:KAZ - 2 editions

Some Other Odd/Interesting Stats:

I’ve only given Lithuania points 3/6 editions. However, each time I have given Lithuania points it’s been a medal position. Further more Lithuania has received 12, 11, and 10 points from me (a gold, a silver, and a bronze) @Werloc

I’ve only ever awarded Israel 4 points at a TISC. I’ve done so twice (2020 Annual, 2021 Annual), and when I selected them as a reserve, I selected them as my 4th reserve.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

There was a song I should have gone with that I’ll post later, but y’all know I can’t resist the siren’s song of two California singers singing a nice duet that references California things and that has a music video filmed in California.

I actually thought it measured up well to the other entires, so I’m surprised by its poor showing. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Since we are at the interval, I will post my favourite ESC entry from Poland, coming on their very first attempt at Eurovision Song Contest in 1994. One of the best performances vocally ever at the contest. Edyta also represented Poland at the TISC Annual in 2015.

:POL Edyta Gorniak - To Nie Ja! :POL

Time for lunch/dinner and most popular Polish dish.

Pierogi are filled dumplings made by wrapping unleavened dough around a savoury or sweet filling and cooking in boiling water. They are often then pan-fried before serving. Pierogi are most often associated with the cuisine of Central and Eastern European nations. Pierogi are also popular in modern-day American and Canadian cuisine, where they are sometimes known under different local names.

Pierogi – wigilijna potrawa nie tylko z kapustą i grzybami (PRZEPIS) –  PolskaZachwyca.pl

Typical fillings include potato, quark, sauerkraut, ground meat, mushrooms, or fruits. Savoury pierogi are often served with a topping of sour cream, fried onions, or both.

While the origin of the pierogi is often under debate, the exact origin of the dish is unknown and unverifiable. It likely originated somewhere in Central Europe or Eastern Europe, and has been consumed in these regions long before any of the present political nations existed. Today, it is a large part of many Central European and Eastern European cultures.

One legend relates that in 1238, Hyacinth of Poland visited Kościelec, and on his visit, a storm destroyed all crops; Hyacinth told everyone to pray and by the next day, crops rose back up. As a sign of gratitude, people made pierogi from those crops for Saint Hyacinth. Another legend states that Saint Hyacinth fed the people with pierogi during a famine caused by an invasion by the Tatars in 1241. One source theorizes that in the 13th century, pierogi were brought by Hyacinth from the Far East (Asia) via what was then the Kievan Rus'. Some believe pierogi came from China via Marco Polo's expeditions through the Silk Road. 

Pierogi z grzybami i kapustą - przepis - Onet Gotowanie

Traditionally considered peasant food, pierogi eventually gained popularity and spread throughout all social classes including nobles. Some cookbooks from the 17th century describe how during that era, the pierogi were considered a staple of the Polish diet, and each holiday had its own special kind of pierogi created. They have different shapes, fillings and cooking methods. Important events like weddings had their own special type of pierogi kurniki – baked pie filled with chicken. Also, pierogi were made especially for mournings or wakes, and some for caroling season in January. Baked pierogi were a typical and the most popular Christmas dish for a long time, especially on the east area. They were stuffed with potatoes, cheese, cabbage, mushrooms, buckwheat or millet. The most famous is the Biłgoraj pierogi stuffed with buckwheat, potatoes and cheese and then baked in the oven.

Pierogi are an important part of Polish culture and cuisine today. They are served in a variety of forms and tastes (ranging from sweet to salty to spicy) and are considered to be the national dish. They are served at many festivals, playing an important role as a cultural dish. At the 2007 Pierogi Festival in Kraków, 30,000 pierogi were consumed daily.

Pierogi z serem - przepis

Polish pierogi are often filled with fresh quark, boiled and minced potatoes, and fried onions. This type is called in Polish pierogi ruskie, which literally means "Ruthenian pierogi" (sometimes being mistranslated as “Russian pierogi”). Ruskie pierogi are probably the most popular kind of pierogi in North America and Poland. The other popular pierogi in Poland are filled with ground meat, mushrooms and cabbage, or for dessert an assortment of fruits (berries, with strawberries or blueberries the most common).

Sweet pierogi are usually served with sour cream mixed with sugar, and savoury pierogi with bacon fat and bacon bits. Poles traditionally serve two types of pierogi for Christmas Eve supper. One kind is filled with sauerkraut and dried mushrooms, another – small uszka filled only with dried wild mushrooms – is served in clear barszcz. Leniwe pierogi ("lazy pierogi") are a different type of food, similar to lazy vareniki, kopytka, or halušky.