website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Just in case, does anyone know specifically what would be needed for a case at CAS?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thing is, they are too late with the entries (because of the earlier situation in which the federation didn't register anyone), and if they are indeed not allowed to start, according to the federation....neither is Bruna (allowed to start).

How does that even work? Isn't Bruna registered independently (like Picin was in Finland/Lithuania)?

#banbestmen

I am devastated... This can be deciding for the ticket and it's unfair if I lose the ticket in the last moment for a mistake that was not mine after all the effort to come her alone because the team's coach had decide he would no come for distance races as the other athlete needed sprint races. I had to choose between going to Zakopane with them or coming to Serbia alone. I even considered going to Zakopane just for the sprint race and then coming by flight for the races here in Zlatibor, but it would not work with times and I would depend on luck to make it on time for Serbia so as distance races were more important for me when balancing both, I decided to come to Serbia. And of course as soon as I made it to Serbia the head coach decided to do this crazy trip right after sprint in Zakopane and come on time for the races here. If it was his plan before I would have join them, but it was not (of course, distance races are advantage for me, not so much for them) and now they come with that "if nobody can start, also Bruna can't".

Point is that Duda just had a sprint good enough to overtake me in the ranking and now I need the distance races, but most likely I won't be allowed to start here anymore because of this decision, meaning she has a good advantage on me and my only chance will be if I make it to Switzerland in the weekend, having good races there (ah yeah, and going all the way alone again because I am not part of the team!).

We are going to have a great fight, I go through laws if I can not race or even if I race they do not count my points!

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

How does that even work? Isn't Bruna registered independently (like Picin was in Finland/Lithuania)?

I am!!!

The problem is that the race director here said that CBDN did not send the entry form for our athletes and deadline was Sunday night because on Monday morning she would send everything to FIS. But, as I was here early Monday before she sends the entry, she allowed to sign for myself and this way I could compete. I swear I asked to sign for others, at least for Jaque as she was already on her way and as Duda and Mika were in Zakopane with Caio and it was not sure they would come, Jaque was priority because she was already in the plane to Serbia. But I was not allowed, I kept asking but I was told I could sign just for myself. I contact CBDN right away to try to get the forms on time before the race director closes it, but it was still pretty early in Brazil, so I got an answer when it was already too late. I called them to explain the situation and the guy said that he sent the entries on 4 January. But, the race director said she did not get anything and now it was too late. Now, everyone is blaming on me, saying that I should have registered everyone. But I tried! And now I was told that if nobody can compete, I can't either.

Mind you, the races in Switzerland alone in the weekend (a sprint and a 5k classic) might even be enough to make it even without the Serbia races, which by itself would be more of a performance than most gold medals won during the Olympics considering this effort to work against her...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I suspect the first thing that any lawyer is going to say is "Try to resolve this within the Brazilian Skiing Governing Body" and then, failing that, within the Brazilian Olympic Committee, and after that via the FIS and it's only after all those roads have been exhausted that the CAS is going to even consider taking the case.  :( 

In other words, you will be in for a long fight.  I was in a discussion on another board this week about Claudia Pechstein's 2009 doping ban, and as far as I could see from Wikipedia the litigation arising from that is still being argued about & is not fully resolved.