website statistics
Jump to content

India National Thread


gvaisakh
 Share

Recommended Posts

RESULTS: Archery - World Cup Stage 1 - Shanghai

 

RECURVE

Men's Individual: Jayanta Talukdar lost in QF, Atanu Das lost in pre QF, Mangal Singh Champia & Rahul Banerjee lost in R128

Women's Individual: Deepika Kumari & Laxmirani Majhi lost in QF, Laishram Bombayla Devi lost in R64, Rimil Buriuly lost in R128

Men's Team: Won Bronze :clap:

Women's Team: Won Silver :clap:

Mixed Team: Won Bronze :clap:

 

 

COMPOUND

Men's Individual: Abhishek Verma & Gurwinder Singh lost in pre QF, Sarvesh Pareek lost in R32, Chinna Raju Srither lost in R64

Women's Individual: Lily Chanu Paonam lost in pre QF, Purvasha Sudhir SHende, Khushbu Dhayal & Prabhjot Kaur lost in R64

Men's Team: Lost in pre QF

Women's Team: Lost in QF

Mixed Team: Lost in pre QF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

gv could we now update this for this week ......

 

I think may7th is the Indian  grand prix and also the finalisation of badminton quotas is 5th May 

 

Done.. Updated in 1st page

 

Quote

 

EVENTS TO FOLLOW THIS WEEK (May 2 to May 8)

 

RIO QUALIFICATION

Athletics - Indian Grand Prix Series II, Patiala - May 7

Badminton - Final Ranking for Rio Qualification - May 5

Judo - IJF Grand Slam, Baku - May 4 to May 8

Wrestling - 2nd World OQT, Istanbul - May 6 to May 8

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, gvaisakh said:

We can qualify only one judoka across gender and division with continental quota. I doubt, any of our judoka is in line for Workd Ranking Quota, top 22 for men and top 14 for women. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Dolby said:

We can qualify only one judoka across gender and division with continental quota. I doubt, any of our judoka is in line for Workd Ranking Quota, top 22 for men and top 14 for women. 

 

You're right - seems like the Judo Federation here is just blowing smoke up journalists' asses, who clearly can't be bothered to check any of the information themselves.

 

Even after adding points from the Asian Champs, and accounting for the fact that only 1 judoka per category per country can qualify, Avtar is ranked 47 (where only 22 qualify) and Kalpana is ranked 53 (where only 14 qualify). Avtar may have a shot at the continental quota but that too is pretty tough...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kapil857 said:

 

You're right - seems like the Judo Federation here is just blowing smoke up journalists' asses, who clearly can't be bothered to check any of the information themselves.

 

Even after adding points from the Asian Champs, and accounting for the fact that only 1 judoka per category per country can qualify, Avtar is ranked 47 (where only 22 qualify) and Kalpana is ranked 53 (where only 14 qualify). Avtar may have a shot at the continental quota but that too is pretty tough...

 
 

 

Actually I think that India will  have a good chance to  qualify one judoka................ because in the continental quota - the rule is  -  continental quotas (Europe 25, Africa 24, Pan America 21, Asia 20 and Oceania 10 across both sexes and all divisions) are also subjected to an overall limit to one judoka per NOC ...i.e the Top 20 countries in Asia will send one judoka each under the continental category ( This will I think exclude nations like Japan / Korea/North Korea  who will  already 7 men / 7 women hence subject to the maximum rule in the top 22/15  ) ,,,, the process is extremely opaque and difficult to identify who will be selected but I think we will have  one judoka .......

 

 

 

 

Edited by nitinsanker (see edit history)

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

RESULTS: Archery - World Cup Stage 1 - Shanghai

 

RECURVE

Men's Individual: Jayanta Talukdar lost in QF, Atanu Das lost in pre QF, Mangal Singh Champia & Rahul Banerjee lost in R128

Women's Individual: Deepika Kumari & Laxmirani Majhi lost in QF, Laishram Bombayla Devi lost in R64, Rimil Buriuly lost in R128

Men's Team: Won Bronze :clap:

Women's Team: Won Silver :clap:

Mixed Team: Won Bronze :clap:

 

 

COMPOUND

Men's Individual: Abhishek Verma & Gurwinder Singh lost in pre QF, Sarvesh Pareek lost in R32, Chinna Raju Srither lost in R64

Women's Individual: Lily Chanu Paonam lost in pre QF, Purvasha Sudhir SHende, Khushbu Dhayal & Prabhjot Kaur lost in R64

Men's Team: Lost in pre QF

Women's Team: Lost in QF

Mixed Team: Lost in pre QF

 

 

 

great job by our recurve team........ hope our men carry the form into the qualification 

 

 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

 

Done.. Updated in 1st page

 

 

 
 

 

thanks for the thorough job :yes....................   Important week for India in athletics and wrestling  

Edited by nitinsanker (see edit history)

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

@nitinsanker Athletics list updated....

 

Thanks buddy ....... but I see you have not updated a few so I would like to have your thoughts on them ....... of them I feel Basant Rana should be included in the probable quota  for the 50 Km walk as he is just a 1 minute behind in a 4 hr event ............... also I see you have not added durgesh  in the 400 and Jinson and two others in the 800 would love to hear your thoughts on them as well .................. Rajinder / tejinder 

Edited by nitinsanker (see edit history)

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...