website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Our wrestlers playing so defensively and relying on slender 1 or 2 point lead is a big mistake.....

Deepak, Anshu and Sonam all lost the matches which they should have won by playing aggressive wrestling

I don't know whether it's fault of players or coaching staff.... even for that matter vinesh was also not aggressive enough.

I hope bajrang will take note of above for tomorrow his bouts.

Just now, Madhusudhan said:

Our wrestlers playing so defensively and relying on slender 1 or 2 point lead is a big mistake.....

Deepak, Anshu and Sonam all lost the matches which they should have won by playing aggressive wrestling

I don't know whether it's fault of players or coaching staff.... even for that matter vinesh was also not aggressive enough.

I hope bajrang will take note of above for tomorrow his bouts.

Ur right abt this. It seems as if the entire Indian contingent is doing this, almost as if it is a strategy. Even the Men's boxing contingent used a similar approach. Something has gone wrong,either in the coaching strategies or we as a team have become more afraid of losing and so we are trying not to lose rather than fighting to win

7 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

So can we clear the magical number of 6. Still medal winnable athletes remaining - Bajrang Punia, Neeraj Chopra. Dark horse - Women's hockey team, Aditi Ashok, Seema Bisla, 

I have high hopes from both Bajrang and Neeraj. Would be delighted if one of the dark horses does win a historic medal. 

Imagine, how great this Olympics would have been if we would have won couple of Shooting medals as well. 

1 minute ago, Dolby said:

I have high hopes from both Bajrang and Neeraj. Would be delighted if one of the dark horses does win a historic medal. 

Imagine, how great this Olympics would have been if we would have won couple of Shooting medals as well. 

yes, 8 seems reasonable.

For me, the magic number would have been 10.

We should have crossed 10. We've lost chances quite a few chances.

1 minute ago, Steve_RP said:

yes, 8 seems reasonable.

For me, the magic number would have been 10.

We should have crossed 10. We've lost chances quite a few chances.

That is bound to happen. Not all chances would win medals. Prior to Olympics started, my path to 10 medals was 

Shooting: 2 (disaster)

Boxing: 2 (slightly less. 0 medal in Men's boxing was painful)

Wrestling: 2 (expected 2 medals out of Ravi, Vinesh and Bajrang. Possibly on track. Was hoping that some of our younger wrestler will pull a Sakshi and win an unexpected Bronze but alas)

Weightlifting: 1 (Was a lock, delivered)

Others: 3 (Got 2. Chance for more) There were no clear favourites in others. There were a lot of contenders/dark horses only. 

1 minute ago, Arup said:

Disappointment is probably this time also we will end without a gold

Yes. I guess what happens with other countries is that many of their non-favourite athletes rise their levels at the Olympics and convert a silver to a gold like probably Ravi could have done today.