website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

sharath has obviously lost to some degree on purpose  ...losing the last two sets consistently after wining three ... I think he is try  to go thru the second round ( asian )  ...where he will find it very difcciult but then will almost defintely get thru on the world ranking area ... This is his quote 

World No 61 Sharath, who’s Olympic ranking of 39 all but confirms his place in the extravaganza, concedes the regional development looks a tad messy on paper. “It’s confusing, but yeah, it’s just us. I’m not sure why other teams are not participating. Maybe they don’t want to spend money without a chance of returns. I should eventually qualify no matter what... it’s more like a formality. But if I qualify on the South Asia quota, then Ghosh will be hard pressed to accomplish a berth on the Asian continental quota,” he tells Express.

This makes it almost certain that we will have 2 member mens team ... In fact with a team ranking of 17 ... there is a reasonable possibility of a mens team to be there in the onlympics in men ???

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Any clarification on tiebreaker for women's section? 

http://www.ittf.com/competitions/test/_groups_matches_draw1.asp?grp=1&Event_Type=WS1SA&Competition_ID=2633

As per this results page, Manika is given the top billing ahead of Shamini.. So I think H2H result will be the tiebreaker

2 minutes ago, gvaisakh said:

http://www.ittf.com/competitions/test/_groups_matches_draw1.asp?grp=1&Event_Type=WS1SA&Competition_ID=2633

As per this results page, Manika is given the top billing ahead of Shamini.. So I think H2H result will be the tiebreaker

Yes....exactly....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

On 4/12/2016 at 11:36 AM, tirtha22 said:

Dipa Karmakar's  Rio Olympic test event is on 17th April , 2016

The Executive Committee of Gymnastics Federation of India headed by Shri Sudhakar Shetty (President) nominated Dipa for the 2016 Rio Olympics Test Event scheduled at Rio de Janeiro from 16th to 19th April 2016. This will be a golden opportunity for Dipa to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics. Dipa have earned this position through her performance and hard work. Good luck to her and hope for a first ever Olympic Qualification by an Indian Gymnast.

I hope I do not sound pedantic but India has had gymnasts in the olympics before .. I think we had 2 in the 1952 olympics and 3 at the 1956 olympics .....  but we have never had a better gymnast than Dipa ..... so more power to her 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, Prashanth said:

Mouma is really unlucky to get the korean....

There are 6 quotas to be won in second stage. 4 winners from each draw should qualify. Last 2 spots should go to repechage. Mouma has a realistic chance of winning a quota in that. By my calculations, Mouma is 5th highest ranked player in second stage (behind North Koreans and Thais)

16 hours ago, Dolby said:

There are 6 quotas to be won in second stage. 4 winners from each draw should qualify. Last 2 spots should go to repechage. Mouma has a realistic chance of winning a quota in that. By my calculations, Mouma is 5th highest ranked player in second stage (behind North Koreans and Thais)

Sharath Kamal and Das mouma won their match:clap: One more match to book their olympic  berth