website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Its hard but we have to digest the fact that vinesh is out of medal contention now...this olympics is not for vinesh as she ran out of energy in quarterfinal and she ran out of luck in last 10 seconds of chinese vs belarus semi final match !!!

Wrestling :

Myles Nazem Amine of San Marino beat Deepak Punia in the very last few seconds of the match in 86 Kg men's freestyle wrestling bronze medal match.

Heartbreak moment for India.Bronze medal missed by a whisker.

It was not missed but it was given away, dont know what the coach said at the interval coz deepak did absolutely nothing in the second period, even if he had to defend he should also pounce on the opponent mistakes, he looked so tired and was breathing like a bull and just wanted to go home, san marino with a contingent of 5 athletes have won 3 medals at the olympics and that tell us how far we are in terms of sport

Our wrestlers playing so defensively and relying on slender 1 or 2 point lead is a big mistake.....

Deepak, Anshu and Sonam all lost the matches which they should have won by playing aggressive wrestling

I don't know whether it's fault of players or coaching staff.... even for that matter vinesh was also not aggressive enough.

I hope bajrang will take note of above for tomorrow his bouts.

Just now, Madhusudhan said:

Our wrestlers playing so defensively and relying on slender 1 or 2 point lead is a big mistake.....

Deepak, Anshu and Sonam all lost the matches which they should have won by playing aggressive wrestling

I don't know whether it's fault of players or coaching staff.... even for that matter vinesh was also not aggressive enough.

I hope bajrang will take note of above for tomorrow his bouts.

Ur right abt this. It seems as if the entire Indian contingent is doing this, almost as if it is a strategy. Even the Men's boxing contingent used a similar approach. Something has gone wrong,either in the coaching strategies or we as a team have become more afraid of losing and so we are trying not to lose rather than fighting to win

7 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

So can we clear the magical number of 6. Still medal winnable athletes remaining - Bajrang Punia, Neeraj Chopra. Dark horse - Women's hockey team, Aditi Ashok, Seema Bisla, 

I have high hopes from both Bajrang and Neeraj. Would be delighted if one of the dark horses does win a historic medal. 

Imagine, how great this Olympics would have been if we would have won couple of Shooting medals as well.