Hungary (men's football)

Hungary (men's water polo)

Ferencváros (men's water polo)

Győri ETO (women's handball)

Hungary (women's ice hockey)

Hungary (women's volleyball)

Hungary (women's water polo)

Sopron Basket (women's basketball)

I forgot to post my predictions yesterday. The Men's are more obvious, the winner should be Liu Shaoang, unless they don't want to give him due to him and his brother leaving Hungary at the end of the year, which I think would be bullshit. Milák and Szilágyi are the other members of the Top3. 

For the women, it's kinda hard to pick someone as the winner. Personally I would pick Rita Keszthelyi, but athletes in team sports almost never win. Keszthelyi might be the greatest Hungarian female water polo player ever, she deserves it. Kozák should be Top3 for that 100 hurdles ECh medal and Kovács is also an obvious choice for winning gold in gymnastics.

I think the women's water polo team should win again, they had an amazing year, silver medal at the WCh. My two other picks for the Top3 would be the two football teams, Ferencváros for finally having a great year in the UEFA Europa League and Hungarian national football team for having some exceptional results in the UEFA Nations League. 

:wSLO: Sportsperson of the year :wSLO:

Men

1)  Kristjan Čeh - Athletics

2) Tadej Pogačar - Cycling Road

3) Žan Kranjec - Alpine Skiing

Women

1) Urša Bogataj - Ski Jumping

2) Janja Garnbret - Sport Climbing

3) Nika Križnar - Ski Jumping

Team

1) Mixed Team - Ski Jumping

(Urša Bogataj, Timi Zajc, Nika Križnar, Peter Prevc)

2) Men National Volleyball Team

3) Men Team - Ski Jumping

Most promising young athlete

Pia Babnik - Golf

Fair play award

Polona Klemenčič, Ula Hafner

(for helping Norwegian mixed relay biathlon team at Olympics, they found part of Olsbu-Roeiseland rifle and handed to Norwegian team, so she could proper shoot)

Edited by justony

2022 Greek shortlists from our "journalists":

Men:

Giannis Antetokounmpo (basketball)

Eleftherios Petrounias (gymnastics)

Miltiadis Tentoglou (athletics - long jump)

Women:

Antigoni Drisbioti (athletics - race walking)

Anna Korakaki (shooting)

Elina Tzengko (athletics - javelin throw)

Team:

Men's National Water Polo Team

Women's National Water Polo Team

Olympiacos Women's Water Polo Team

Coach:

Napoleon Kefalopoulos (athletics- Drisbioti)

Giorgos Pomaski (athletics - Tentoglou)

Theodoros Vlachos (water polo - men's national team)

The winners will be announced on 20 December.

We have the rankings for everyone outside the top 3. Some of these results are ridiculous:

-In the men's category, swimmer Andreas Vazaios finished 5th. He won two gold and two silver medals at the Mediterranean Games. He did not compete at the World Championships, and his best result at the European Championships was 6th in the men's 200 IM. Yet somehow he finished in 5th place in the voting, ahead of Stefanos Tsitsipas (6th), Stefanos Ntouskos (8th), Kostas Tsimikas (11th - won the Champions League with Liverpool even if he didn't always play), as well as others.

-Wrestler Georgios Kougioumtsidis won gold at both the European senior and European U23 Championships this year and is ranked number 5 in his category. He did not get any votes even though a total of 35 men's athletes did.

-In the women's category, fencer Despina Georgiadou is ranked 3 in the world in the women's sabre and won bronze at the World Championships. She was number 32 in the voting results for women. Rower Zoi Fitsiou who won silver at the European Championships also did not get selected.

-Swimmer Anna Ntountounaki finished 6th for women. She won one gold and two silvers at the Mediterranean Games. Her best result at the World Championships was 9th and 5th at the European Championships. Yet somehow she finished above the likes of artistic swimmer Evangelia Platanioti (two medals at World Aquatics Championships), rower Evangelia Anastasiadou (silver at European championships and gold at World U23, also silver at European U23), wrestler Maria Prevolaraki (ranked 2 in the world, won silver at the European Championships and bronze at World Championships), water polo player Eleftheria Plevritou (MVP at European Championships where Greece won silver, also led Olympiacos to the Euro League title), taekwondo's Theopoula Sarvanaki (silver at World Championships), and also Georgiadou and Fitsiou as mentioned.

None of this makes sense. It makes you wonder who is voting and what agendas they have. It seems like the swimmers are extremely overrated...

Georgiadou and Kougioumtsidis got robbed the most IMO. Georgiadou I thought might even be top 3 and instead they put her at 32? With people like Valentini Grammatikopoulou above her? Come on, this is a joke.

Edited by Makedonas

The RTE sports personality of the year was awarded tonight. The main award for Irish sport :IRL 

Sports personality of the Year : Katie Taylor (boxing)

Team of the Year : Men’s Lightweight double sculls - Paul O’Donovan/Fintan McCarthy (rowing)

Young SPOTY : Rhasidat Adeleke (athletics)

Manager of the year : Vera Pauw (football)

Szczęsny has been added to the ballot in our Polish Sportsman of the Year contest.

i hope Iga wins

but i won’t be surprised if he will. Popular vote, you know :dunno:

l

Lewy was already in the ballot btw

Edited by rafalgorka