website statistics

Modern Pentathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

They stupidly went over to laser shooting a few years back, which spoilt things.  It used to be that you had to load a real pellet, which was slower and could be messed up if you were not careful, so bigger time gaps could be made up.

I think the laser shooting is cheaper(?) and that's an important factor in this sport. They should keep the laser shooting, but it would be better if they would have some sort of penalty for misses, like they have to go into a penalty box for x seconds like in the race walking. 

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I think the laser shooting is cheaper(?) and that's an important factor in this sport. They should keep the laser shooting, but it would be better if they would have some sort of penalty for misses, like they have to go into a penalty box for x seconds like in the race walking. 

I feel like biathlon has already solved this problem quite elegantly - the penalty loop is the way to go.

34 minutes ago, hckošice said:

That sound more like a czech name to me, which would be logical as they are (were) quite god in this sport, in SVK the sport is non-existant so I would be surprised such powerhouse like GB would pick someone from Slovakia :d

Yep, he was born in Prague and has been head coach since 1998.

23 minutes ago, NearPup said:

"Since we won a gold" world feed commentator forgetting to be neutral.

I did mention that the lady commentator is Heather Fell, Silver Medallist, GBR, Modern Pentathlon, Beijing 2008!  So a bit Thomas Bach, really.

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I feel like biathlon has already solved this problem quite elegantly - the penalty loop is the way to go.

LIke I said, the penalty used to be - break pistol, pick up slug from table, load pistol, charge pistol, aim, fire - which was much better. Took a decent amount of time and could go wrong at any stage if it wasn't done properly.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

LIke I said, the penalty used to be - break pistol, pick up slug from table, load pistol, charge pistol, aim, fire - which was much better. Took a decent amount of time and could go wrong at any stage if it wasn't done properly.

Why don't they just prevent you from shooting for, say, five seconds after a missed shot?

13 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Yeah, but this is not biathlon. Penalty loops would have made this stage way too influential (unless they are some joke 10 m loops).

Phew, Lithuania gets a medal.

#banbestmen