website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Meanwhile Trump has said, on his social media thingy (Truth Social), he expects to be arrested Tuesday. Also called for protests.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/18/politics/donald-trump-manhattan-da-arrest-protests/index.html

I highly doubt it, but who knows :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Why do the French people seems like they are lazy? Demonstrate because the government want them to work to 64?

In Sweden people needs to work to 65 already and they want to make it to 69.

For me 64 sounds pretty good actually 😊

1 hour ago, Belle said:

Why do the French people seems like they are lazy? Demonstrate because the government want them to work to 64?

Strange but true fact: the pensions system the French are rioting to defend was created by……..Marechal Petain in 1941!   :red:

4 hours ago, Belle said:

Exactly, I'd riot to get the pension age to a super nice 64 :d (ok I wouldn't actually riot, because that always ends up destroying the stuff of regular people who have nothing to do with it, like shown again and again in Paris, but still)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly, I'd riot to get the pension age to a super nice 64 :d (ok I wouldn't actually riot, because that always ends up destroying the stuff of regular people who have nothing to do with it, like shown again and again in Paris, but still)

You can retire earlier than that if you have a private pension of course.

In Poland the mandatory retirement age is 65 for men and 60 for women. When Civic Platform raised the retirement age to 67 & 65 they were swiftly voted out of power at the next elections :lol: Law & Justice lowered the retirement age down to the previous/current mark.

10 hours ago, Belle said:

For me it is crazy that people think that they can have an opinion on everything, even if they can't even be bothered to inform themselves. In addition to that it is crazy for me that people would rather work until they die instead of reforming the pension system or properly taxing rich people. As long as "normal" people don't understand that politicians don't give a shit about them and that they don't have any true power in this system, nothing will ever change. I guess as long as we can travel, buy a new Iphone every couple of years and watch some Netflix, we have nothing to complain about ...

Weird that the level of productivity has skyrocketed over the past decades, yet retirement age goes up and wages/pensions stagnate/go down ...

Crazy to say, but Putin in some sense was right that the end of the soviet union was the greatest tragedy of the 20th century. Since communism "ended", there is nothing to "control" capitalism anymore. I guess as long as it is this easy to brainwash people like you, the people who run the system have nothing to fear.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

You can retire earlier than that if you have a private pension of course.

Sure, but like I mentioned earlier, I highly doubt I have the skills to be financially independent early enough to go for an early retirement :p