website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

So President Biden is leaving Warsaw today.

Well, there was said a lot about UKR, BLR, RUS so no need to repeat myself I think.

Here in Poland, from Polish persperctive, we have this sort-of "Quiet Before the Storm" feeling. Hopefully i'm overreacting but if i'm wrong, that's good in this case. If it is a better scenario lying ahead - I will be "pleasantly disappointed".

Anyway, even if we are not in the danger zone yet and we won't get there immediately, I can say sth like this:

today is 22/02/2023.

And imagine that this is 22/02/1923.

From this perspectiive year 2039 (aka 1939) looks pretty long time ahead... but...

well, we can't do much about it, the only thing we can do is to move abroad before it's hot here.

Today we stay.

And that's all for now.

My best greetings to all the users from :MDA

stay safe please. hopefully your country was mentioned repeatly during last days' events for no real reason. And eventually nothing's gonna happen in Kiszyniów (Chisinau/Kishinev) and around.

Cool! But.....where's that bread with salted butter or whatever the good folks of Slovakia give their guests upon arriving? :d (might be bread with just salt? I know it's something with bread and salt!)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool! But.....where's that bread with salted butter or whatever the good folks of Slovakia give their guests upon arriving? :d 

haha probably at the airport.

Anyway, I loved especially the part where the guy with the sabre talked in slovak to your king inviting him for the inspection :p but it looks he understood.

After the anthems

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool! But.....where's that bread with salted butter or whatever the good folks of Slovakia give their guests upon arriving? :d 

Here it is at 1:05 in the video :d https://www.ta3.com/clanok/260774/uvitaci-ceremonial-pri-prilezitosti-prichodu-holandskeho-kraovskeho-paru-na-slovensko

The guy behind our president is holding the plate with slices of bread and salt :d

20230307-hw-ce31d115-016a-4c87-b835-6342

Meanwhile, millions of French laying down their work (as is tradition :p) to protest against raising the pension age to....well, still one of the lowest in all of Europe (64) :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Here it is at 1:05 in the video :d https://www.ta3.com/clanok/260774/uvitaci-ceremonial-pri-prilezitosti-prichodu-holandskeho-kraovskeho-paru-na-slovensko

The guy behind our president is holding the plate with slices of bread and salt :d

20230307-hw-ce31d115-016a-4c87-b835-6342

Nice :d 

Although the former 'Prins Pils' ('Prince Beer', basically) might prefer to skip that and go straight to the bar :lol: 

Edited by heywoodu