website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

17 hours ago, MHSN said:

Today is the 44th anniversary of so-called "Islamic Revolution". I'm not old enough to witness those days myself, but the more I read and learn about those days, specially last 10 days, it's clear to me that things could easily go another way, but some small mistakes led us to the current disaster. putting the whole power in the hands of just one person is very dangerous. how the hell he could trick everybody into believing him. he didn't even try to be likeable.

now 44 years later, we are at a dead end. no light at the end of the tunnel. they are not giving up an inch (because they think if they do, they will lose everything) and people are getting more angry and hopeless. not sure what will happen when this vengeful oldman dies, and we can't even count on that because it seems he is going to outlive everybody on the planet. but we are running out of time, I'm not even sure if the country exists few years from now.

All the best wishes for You, our friend, and all Your close ones from ALL of our totallympics community, I guess!

Former :SVK PM proposes to the parliament to pass a law which will offer 500 EURO to every citizen who will participate in September parliamentary elections :dunno:

News in English

https://www.tasr.sk/tasr-clanok/TASR:2023021400000328

Obviously gazillion of memes entered the web since  :p

Spoiler

image.png

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Nicola Sturgeon resigned as the First Minister of Scotland. Any clues what's going on? Is SNP in deep #### now? :coffee: @Grassmarket

There are a couple of theories. Officially, it’s because she made a complete mess of a Gender Reform Bill which, as literally everyone with common sense foresaw, ended with a newly convicted rapist being put in a Women’s Prison just a few weeks after the Bill passed.  

Unofficially…..there are persistent rumours about a large sum of money which mysteriously disappeared from SNP Party accounts a few years ago.

:SVK president received today our U16 Girls Ice Hockey National Team (Silver medalist from last EYOF) :d

Spoiler

170223prezidentka_GAL.jpg?itok=yR2L_Tpx

Lucky lady ! she got Nela Lopušanová stick and jersey for free (In a couple of years it will cost thousands of Euro and who knows maybe even more) :d

Nela even was asked by our president to show some skills. so she tried something in this video :d

Edited by hckošice

Another tragedy with migrants today here... Two days ago 52 migrants (all young men from Afghanistan of course) jumped the border fence with Turkey with a common ladder. Skipping the part, where this group hadn't been spotted from authorities and/or regular people, until they were found in an abandoned truck in the woods, all the way nearly to Sofia.

All 52 people were stacked in secret compartments at the bottom of the truck, under the load of timber. Those compartments weren't fully compact though and the fumes from the truck were going in. End result is 18 dead migrants, while the other 34 are transported to the hospital. It's assumed, that the traffickers were getting 2500 euros per person, just to transport them inside Bulgaria, which makes 130 000 euros from this run alone. And then people wonder why traffickers are only increasing. I am sure the EU politicians will be very "saddened and concerned", even though this tragedy (and all such prior ones) should be on their conscious.

I need to be at work tomorrow. But some of my colleagues/friends will be there in Warsaw to observe Biden's speech.

Not much expectations though. But hopefully we'll be surprised.

Anyway, after today - we think he'll be running for a 2nd term, if he's healthy.

Biden is an old, senile fool whose master plan "peace for land" backfired massively so now he has to drag his 80-year old body to Europe and actually convince everyone in Ukraine & Poland he & NATO want Ukraine to win the damn war. Buckle up for this clown show...