website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Czech Presidential election 2nd round is over.

results are conted live

https://ct24.ceskatelevize.cz/volby2023?kolo=druhe

After 18% of counted votes (small villages and smaller cities districts) it looks for the former General Peter Paul (Petr Pavel :p) even if Prague will decide as usual. It looks very well for Pavel who is more popular especially in the big cities

image.png

Edited by hckošice

Czech TV called it. Babiš can not overpass Pavel anymore after 82.74% of counted votes.

Petr Pavel is the new Czech president.  First official visit obviously will be to Bratislava as the tradition forces our presidents to do so

On 1/27/2023 at 12:49 AM, Dnl said:

Well this is a combination between Sports and politics but Sergey richter was forced to choose between not competing or competing without his rifle and and any other Israeli identification in a competition held in Indonesia, this a blow in his path towards Paris 2024 and maybe a peek to the U19 WC in football…

Yeah when I saw he was initially registered, I was arranging to watch him with some friends lol

But in the end, the organizers just sticks with the gov stance of allowing Israelis to compete without any trace of country identifiers (no room for negotiation especially when shooting federation is controlled by the Army).

ICYMI, Yuval Shemla participated at the Jakarta leg of IFSC World Cup 2022 with a plain black sleeveless shirt

Well, this is something you do not see often.

When a president is elected, obviously many neighboring presidents sends their congratulations, but I do believe never arrived themselves to congratulate directly :p

:SVK president just did it, came to Prague to congratulate the new president for the election

Fnkgfq5XoAELFms?format=jpg&name=small

Seriously, hard to find two more close and friendly nations in this world :d

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

BP with a record income profit in 2022 :coffee: Obviously the war in Ukraine has made this possible.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64544110

And an overall 2,5 billion dollar loss in 2022, also because of Russia. Of course in 2023 they won't have to write off billions more than their income profit in Russian properties, so this year their profit will actually be profit :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Today is the 44th anniversary of so-called "Islamic Revolution". I'm not old enough to witness those days myself, but the more I read and learn about those days, specially last 10 days, it's clear to me that things could easily go another way, but some small mistakes led us to the current disaster. putting the whole power in the hands of just one person is very dangerous. how the hell he could trick everybody into believing him. he didn't even try to be likeable.

now 44 years later, we are at a dead end. no light at the end of the tunnel. they are not giving up an inch (because they think if they do, they will lose everything) and people are getting more angry and hopeless. not sure what will happen when this vengeful oldman dies, and we can't even count on that because it seems he is going to outlive everybody on the planet. but we are running out of time, I'm not even sure if the country exists few years from now.

Edited by MHSN

God fucking damn it. It looks like the rumors might be true about that Western European (German?) antifascists beat up somebody in Budapest yesterday.

I hope this will turn out to be a hoax, but the Hungarian police are on it and they already caught multiple foreign individuals who were part of this madness.

Do these people not realize how much this hurts the reputation of the left-wing and Western Europe in Hungary? We are already getting more and more conservative and anti-West as time progresses, and shit like this will only make things worse. This is not the image you want Hungarians to see about Western liberals, even if their intention is to beat up neonazis.

And even if it turns out this wasn't antifa, the fact that foreigners come into our country to pull shit like this is infuriating. 

Edited by Vektor