website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

In Russia things never change. The exact same thing happened to Boris Pasternak in 1959.

A Russian human rights activist has told the BBC that he was ordered to turn down the Nobel Peace Prize by the Russian authorities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-63927607

Since yesterday´s late evening Slovakia is living in Anarchy (well, partially :p) the parliament declared no confidence in the government, by the nearow margin of 3 votes

iuQktkqTURBXy83OGU1ZTAxOTE4ODBmNGFjYWFlM

which submitted the immediate resignation of the current Slovak governement to the hands of the president of the republic late in the evening

iPUktkqTURBXy8zODA5MTZkYWMzZGI0ZjE3YTJmN

She will dismiss the government today and then reinstate them again :p but this time with restricted regime and order them to subsequently lead the country to early parliamentary elections which should be in May or early June

Edited by hckošice

The :SVK pre-christmas fairytales production

introduce the one...

When the president dismiss the governement

gqdktkqTURBXy9kZjBkNDE5YWZmNjgzNWZhNjdkN

Have a brief obligatory speech

C3lktkqTURBXy9kNjdiMDc2YzcwYWU2YWRkNzE0O

and 5 minutes later reinstate them again :p

8WSktkqTURBXy8yNTQxY2QyNGNlNjRlODQxN2JiN

Edited by hckošice

On 11/30/2022 at 9:33 PM, Vic Liu said:

I am very glad to see both protesters and police showed greatest restraint. None of the protests turned into riots and no pepper sprays these kind of things are used. And the most important thing is that it kinda works. The Covid curbs in Guangzhou and Shijiazhuang, two provincial capitals, are eased today. Especially Guangzhou is the most-hit city by Covid in this round. Hopefully all Covid curbs would be gradually lifted in the coming months. I am also exhausted and fed up with it after 3 years.

Some follow-ups of the mass covid curbs protests. As some of you may already noticed, Chinese government decided lifting ALL Covid curbs nationwide at the same time. The result is everyone I know including me got/getting/will get infected on December. I am already recovered with mild symptoms. My parents are still under recovery and most of friends are infected and recovered. Beijing is finally back on track being alive with certainty and confidence.

Today Taliban ban women from universities :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-64045497

surprised that it took them a year, they banned girls from the school (6th grade and higher) immediately.

they restored almost all of their old "rules" I assume only few more are left,which is probably just a matter of time. :cry:

16 hours ago, MHSN said:

Today Taliban ban women from universities :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-64045497

surprised that it took them a year, they banned girls from the school (6th grade and higher) immediately.

they restored almost all of their old "rules" I assume only few more are left,which is probably just a matter of time. :cry:

But according to the Academic Freedom Index, Afghanistan is better than a number of nations including Singapore.

China has lifted the COVID quarantine requirement for foreign arrivals starting January 8th, 2023. This might impact sports too with tennis in particular very probable to resume tournaments there (on the women's side in particular, I believe Australian Open has the most Chinese women qualified for a Grand Slam main draw ever).

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-64097497

Multiple Olympic medallist :BLR Aliaksandra Herasimenia (swimming) was sentenced for 12 years in prison for actions against Belarus national security (which is in a nut shell  - speaking badly about Mr. Lukashenko...)

Herasimenia was not present during the trial as since 2020 left Belarus and is very active in neighbouring countries of Lithuania and Poland.

56 minutes ago, Bearas said:

Multiple Olympic medallist :BLR Aliaksandra Herasimenia (swimming) was sentenced for 12 years in prison for actions against Belarus national security (which is in a nut shell  - speaking badly about Mr. Lukashenko...)

Herasimenia was not present during the trial as since 2020 left Belarus and is very active in neighbouring countries of Lithuania and Poland.

That post ended better than I feared, good to know she's out of that hellhole..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!