website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

On 11/28/2022 at 6:53 AM, Olympian1010 said:

More videos from the protests in China.

I am very glad to see both protesters and police showed greatest restraint. None of the protests turned into riots and no pepper sprays these kind of things are used. And the most important thing is that it kinda works. The Covid curbs in Guangzhou and Shijiazhuang, two provincial capitals, are eased today. Especially Guangzhou is the most-hit city by Covid in this round. Hopefully all Covid curbs would be gradually lifted in the coming months. I am also exhausted and fed up with it after 3 years.

Edited by Vic Liu

Read this article on i24NEWS:

Iran abolishes morality police: prosecutor general
https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/middle-east/iran-eastern-states/1670145726-iran-abolishes-morality-police-prosecutor-general

Edited by rafalgorka

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Curious how they're planning to prove that other than being pervs and catching people red...well, handed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

meanwhile in :TUR parliament, like in the good old halil-pasha times

AwPktkpTURBXy9jY2M2MDFmZGFkOTU3MGIwMzVhZ

Sure, democratically speaking it's awful, but at least it's fun to have these countries with those hot-headed politicians for some entertainment :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Curious how they're planning to prove that other than being pervs and catching people red...well, handed.

The law stated that only parents (if unmarried) and spouse (for the married) are the ones who can lodge a report... so you should be safe unless you have a feud with your parents (and then they decided to be petty) or your parents are a part of vigilantes checking on people's morals. The other article being passed is the real danger, the one that forbids people of opposite sex living together...

I think Western media are too focused on the sex part, forgetting there are articles preventing people for criticizing the government in the name of protecting government institutions from defamation. It is basically allowing Orban-style rule in Indonesia...

Technically the president haven't signed it (won't be effective until 2025 even if he signs it today) and I hope he remembered these same sets of proposed law were met with strong rejection in 2019 (and now the parliament passed it with funny excuses such as "we have to move on from these Dutch penal codes"). There is a way to appeal in the Constitutional Court, but people have less trust to them nowadays

Edited by Griff88