website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

36 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

A man was beaten outside the Chinese consulate in UK, big news. 10 men was shot in US, enough is enough, no need to report.

Are you comparing Chinese embassy staff with deranged people who go on killing spree?

12 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Are you comparing Chinese embassy staff with deranged people who go on killing spree?

I am trying to compare different lives given different news value by media according to their race, color, ideology, political view and where they live and where they are from.

7 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

I am trying to compare different lives given different news value by media according to their race, color, ideology, political view and where they live and where they are from.

Every people are equal, but some are more equal! The media knows the differences!

7 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

To be fair, it is slightly more newsworthy when someone is being dragged into a consulate and beaten up there (or people come out of a consulate to beat someone up).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

40 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, it is slightly more newsworthy when someone is being dragged into a consulate and beaten up there (or people come out of a consulate to beat someone up).

Does it imply that if mass shooting more and more often, random people die regularly, then it's no longer newsworthy, people are getting numb, media move on to the next catching topic. Ultimately it's a new normality which people have to embrace and need no more attention or report. If so, I would rather beating someone is continuously remaining as big news because I don't want to see it as new normality.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

Does it imply that if mass shooting more and more often, random people die regularly, then it's no longer newsworthy, people are getting numb, media move on to the next catching topic. Ultimately it's a new normality which people have to embrace and need no more attention or report. If so, I would rather beating someone is continuously remaining as big news because I don't want to see it as new normality.

Anything anti-Chinese is more newsworthy in the Western media :lol: And yeah, mass shootings have become so common nobody cares about that unless the victim count is at least in double digits or there are children involved.

Mass shootings are bad. Duh. There is a systemic problem with gun violence in USA and I don't think any one can say that media has not covered it. But that does not mean that if Diplomats beat random citizens in another country, it is not wrong. If Chinese embassy staff do it in London, it is wrong. If American embassy staff do it in Beijing, it is wrong. If Indian embassy staff do it in Islamabad, it is wrong (and trigger for nuclear war). I don't get why we need to go in the whole Western media, racism, bullshit to defend it? 

P.S.: Fie on thee for making me defend Western Media on racism. :sick: