website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

45 minutes ago, Agger said:

Meanwhile for some lighter political news:

As some of you may remember, last year I took part in the local election here in Aarhus. 

I got 4th most personal votes among the candidates from my party who got three seats meaning that I was first in line if something were to happen.

Now on monday I will get my chance as one of the three members of the council is taking a parental leave for the rest of the year!

It's just three months but I'm extremely exited about it even though it will take a huge chunk of my spare time!

Big congratulation with getting the opportunity to be part of the city council in Aarhus. I wish you all the best with your new position. :) Thank you for being an active, democratic citizen of our society.  

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Meanwhile for some lighter political news:

As some of you may remember, last year I took part in the local election here in Aarhus. 

I got 4th most personal votes among the candidates from my party who got three seats meaning that I was first in line if something were to happen.

Now on monday I will get my chance as one of the three members of the council is taking a parental leave for the rest of the year!

It's just three months but I'm extremely exited about it even though it will take a huge chunk of my spare time!

Wow congrats, and now go and make the world better :d

10 hours ago, hckošice said:

Wow congrats, and now go and make the world better :d

Think 3 months in Aarhus municipal council is a bit too little to make major changes for the World. :p Hope to be able to do something for Aarhus, though!

But thanks!

2 hours ago, Agger said:

Think 3 months in Aarhus municipal council is a bit too little to make major changes for the World. :p Hope to be able to do something for Aarhus, though!

But thanks!

Congratulations to you!

You can start from a small thing, such as releasing a press release that Ceres Arena in Aarhus has nothing to do with Indonesian chocolate sprinkles brand :lol:

ceres_ceres-classic-225-gram_full03.jpg

The last of the "Pol Pots" has been sentenced to life imprisonment. He is 91 now and dependent on wheelchair. He was the 5th and the last to be tried for genocide in Cambodia in the late 70s during the Pol Pot crazy "experiment" to turn the country on "agricultural paradise" 

This was the last judgment of this special tribunal of the Red Khmers and their madness

Edited by hckošice

24 minutes ago, hckošice said:

The last of the "Pol Pots" has been sentenced to life imprisonment. He is 91 now and dependent on wheelchair. He was the 5th and the last to be tried for genocide in Cambodia in the late 70s during the Pol Pot crazy "experiment" to turn the country on "agricultural paradise" 

This was the last judgment of this special tribunal of the Red Khmers and their madness

It's a strange thing: people always call the Khmer Rouge a "mad experiment", yet they were carrying out a perfectly orthodox Marxist programme - their agrarian policies taken word for word from the 1848 Communist Manifesto, written by Marx himself.   For some reason, Marxists get angry whenever anyone points this out. 

38 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

perfectly orthodox Marxist programme - their agrarian policies taken word for word from the 1848 Communist Manifesto, written by Marx himself.

yeah, the intention may have had potential, but the execution failed miserably.

So, the question remains the same as that famous Honnecker quote in the dying years of the :GDR .

Where did the comrades make a mistake ? :p

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Good moment to point people's attention to the old, original Khmer empire (the one that brought forth stuff like Angkor Wat). Super interesting, Fall of Civilizations podcast has a very nice episode about it and I'm sure others do as well. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!