website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

27 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Before this year people had always taken the ballot from a public table before they go behind the curtain and vore in secret. Of course peppar who dont want to show others have taken ballots from several parties and then just left the not-used ballots aside. 

If I understood correctly, it's exactly the same way it is done in France and non one ever complained about the lack of anonymity here :p By custom, everyone take multiple ballots before voting.

30 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Example:

I am liberal - jag är liberal

Liberals - liberalER

the liberals - liberalERNA

What's the difference between 'liberals' and 'the liberals'? :mumble:

The plot thickens.... back in the 80s the popular joke in Poland was Swedish is the hardest language to understand (obviously we wanted to be kind to Hungarians :p ).

2 hours ago, Agger said:

As you can see on the picture fro Swewi each party have their own ballots. You pick the ballots for the party you want to vote for (I believe there are blanks as well as Sweden has quite a lot of write-in parties and candidates).

In the past, you could take the ballot on the voting location where people could more or less keep an eye on you and at some locations party member were even giving them to voters. You could always take the ballots from more parties to hide your selection, but it really still wasn't that good. 
But I understand that this part has been improved, not having the ballots in public.

The reason for having the individual ballots and not a long list like most other countries is that the election laws are very liberal in Sweden. It's very easy to have your party in the election. The full ballot would be terribly long!
Just look at some of the parties up for election: Donald Duck's party, The least bad party, The poor man's party, Capitalism with a friendly face and Evil chicken party. Not to mention a handful of more or less extreme parties on both wings.

here in Italy there are normally hundreds of "parties", but we always have a single "origami-style" sheet (or should I write "piece of sh*t? :mumble: :facepalm: :hairpull:) with all the symbols and names where you have to put your signature on the one you want to vote for, so nobody can't even imagine who you're going to choose...

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

What's the difference between 'liberals' and 'the liberals'? :mumble:

The plot thickens.... back in the 80s the popular joke in Poland was Swedish is the hardest language to understand (obviously we wanted to be kind to Hungarians :p ).

A bit of an off topic discussion but you can say that for example ”my parents are liberals” : mina föräldrar är liberalER. Or ”five liberals” : fem liberalER.

But if you talk about ”the liberals is a group of politicians”: LiberalERNA är en grupp av politiker. :d

29 minutes ago, phelps said:

here in Italy there are normally hundreds of "parties", but we always have a single "origami-style" sheet (or should I write "piece of sh*t? :mumble: :facepalm: :hairpull:) with all the symbols and names where you have to put your signature on the one you want to vote for, so nobody can't even imagine who you're going to choose...

Do you still have the possibility to choose individual politicians withon the party? Our ballots are full of names instead of parties 

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

Do you still have the possibility to choose individual politicians withon the party? Our ballots are full of names instead of parties 

No, they changed the election law plus and plus time, but in the '90s they removed the possibility of write a "preferences" for a candidate. We can vote for our own individual candidate only at local elections 

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Some predictions? SD have some chances to won? I spoke with some Swedish Volt member and they're not soo happy about the political situation. 

Right wing party SD Will Likely be 2nd or 3rd biggest with around 20% but even if they cooperate with other parties, the others on the right hand dont want them in the government so they will deifniately not have the Prince minister.

social democrats Will as always be largest but it is  50/50 between their current PM Magdalena Andersson and Moderates Ulf Kristersson who Will not be biggest party but they will have support from about 50% of the parlament each. The green party and liberals are just over the 4%-limit and if one of them (on different sides) would be relegated from the parlament that would be devastating for their PM candidate.

interesting this year that the liberal party ”Centerpartiet” who always cooperated with Moderates and Liberals and Christian democrates now support social democrates wchich also the left party does. Not that they are Alike, only that they dont want anything to do with SD.

But I dont think you can think lime that really. I vote for liberals but that doesnt mean I dont dislike SD a lot.